• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Docker amd64 instead of arm
Hello Armin,

as you pleased me - here the new issue for the problems we got.

We have also Docker problems, with some containers on very new states of the new bought netPI's. Docker Hub Exports have "architecture": "amd64" in their JSON config and "io.balena.architecture": "armv7hf" - maybe that should be aarch64 or arm64? ( V1.2.2.0 )
Working Docker images have "architecture": "arm".

The from the netPI exported image is seen as an amd64 architecture from other tests on RPI3 and wont work well.

see 78f6ab1d8d9a237a63aa4f12452bdbce0250730523c3ec616d803382ac019aef.json - inside the netPI Node-RED's image.tar

I have the problem again, a fresh installed Hilscher netPI even with original card dies after a few days of running the Docker service and Docker does not start anymore. A reset via USB-Stick helps, but some crashes the Docker Service over time again with a lot of cgroup errors in the syslog as I sent to you, Armin.

Problem of amd64 is on - directly export from netPI (v1.2.2 Barcode end number 2 very new devices and images from docker as well)
  • hilschernetpi/netpi-codesys-basis
  • hilschernetpi/netpi-nodered
  • hilschernetpi/netpi-netx-ethernet-lan
  • hilschernetpi/netpi-raspian

The OpenVPN is OK and shows arm architecture.
  • hilschernetpi/netpi-openvpn

use Export see https://documentation.portainer.io/v2.0/images/export/

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Dear biancode,

please explain me why you need to export images? Usually you directly pull them from the corresponding repository and use them.

Or do you pull the containers first, make the setup of all the applications running in the container like Node-RED and finally when you are finished you export the container to have a copy of it? Is my understanding correct?

And what I have understood is that such an exported container can't be imported by you any more due to the wrong architecture? Is my understanding correct?

Thx
Armin
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

(January-17th-2021, 09:00 PM)Armin@netPI Wrote: please explain me why you need to export images? Usually you directly pull them from the corresponding repository and use them.
We searched for our problem with the starting of plain fresh Hilscher containers and so we exported them to check the state of them,
because we can not have a look by SSH. So that is the only way to have a closer look to the pulled image, haven't we?

Or do you pull the containers first, make the setup of all the applications running in the container like Node-RED and finally when you are finished you export the container to have a copy of it? Is my understanding correct?
We did not change anything - all are plain Hilscher containers deployed for testing of the working netPI and it gets in trouble.
No extras, no special config etc. Wink

And what I have understood is that such an exported container can't be imported by you any more due to the wrong architecture? Is my understanding correct?
It can be uploaded and shows the amd64 architecture.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ok now it is clear to me what you do.

To be honest I can't remember having tested the export function. I am pretty sure I have ... but long time ago ... and I am unsure if I have used the import function ever.

The hilschernetpi/netpi-openvpn container you are referencing is one of my latest developments. It uses indeed the Docker manifest function during container build times specifiying the correct architecture arm32v7 and also new arm64v8. If you visit the Docker site https://hub.docker.com/repository/docker...envpn/tags you see the supported architectures for the latest version.

The hilschernetpi/netpi-raspbian by the way also supports the manifest function. Visit the tag list as well https://hub.docker.com/r/hilschernetpi/n...pbian/tags and see the latest tags supports it already.

It is effort to change from the old build procedure to the new ones supporting manifest and including testing. This is why I had not find time to update all the other container you are referencing.

But back to your problem. You say you deploy the containers and they do their work ... for a while ... and then netPI starts to do weird things. But how does the export function help you? I think we should focus on debugging into details. I will write you a private message.

Thx
Armin
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  https certificate issues in new nodered docker image Dipro 1 1,738 May-4th-2022, 05:46 AM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  Docker exposed port don't send data on eth0 COswald 3 3,239 July-15th-2021, 02:10 PM
  Docker not enabled tad 10 5,042 July-14th-2021, 08:54 AM
  docker.service start failed EUROKEY 13 9,527 January-17th-2021, 07:52 PM
  Docker cannot find image COswald 16 9,305 May-18th-2020, 07:15 AM
Last Post: COswald
  After „Rebuild“ of Docker neither the node-RED nor the dashboard can be accessed MAK 4 4,414 January-31st-2020, 02:14 PM
Last Post: MAK
  [SOLVED] Docker GUI login issue MGharat 1 2,831 September-19th-2019, 11:50 AM
Information netPI Docker REST API patrick 1 3,468 July-16th-2019, 02:45 PM
Last Post: patrick
  [SOLVED] Pull Docker Image a.w.d.m. 8 5,290 July-8th-2019, 11:17 AM
  [SOLVED] Docker issues AlexRegev 7 5,352 June-26th-2019, 02:14 PM
Last Post: AlexRegev