• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After „Rebuild“ of Docker neither the node-RED nor the dashboard can be accessed
Hello,

I have a problem with netPi dashboard in Node-RED after rebuilding the docker. The netPi seems to be built in IIoT Gateway 70077 of company ETS DIDACTIC GMBH. They want me to send in the IIoT gateway to service, but this is not possible due to time constraints.

Maybe you have a suitable solution. Thank you very much.

Failure description:

Product:
NIOT-E-NPI3-51-EN-RE (netPI)is built in IIoT Gateway 70077 of company ETS DIDACTIC GMBH

Problem:
After „Rebuild“ of Docker, the official Node-RED Dashboard has to be installed again.
After a new installation of the dashboard, neither the node-RED nor the dashboard can be accessed.
Complete restarts of the computer, the gateway and the docker do not solve the problem.

Conjecture:
After rebuilding the Docker, only the latest version of the dashboard (2.19.3) is available.
Probably the non-updatable Node-RED version (0.17.3) does not work with the new dashboard version.
Hello MAK,

which "docker" are you speaking about when you say "rebuilding"?

We provide a Node-RED docker container example here https://hub.docker.com/r/hilschernetpi/netpi-nodered. It is that what you are speaking about? In this container example we use Node-RED version 0.20.8.

Are you sure you speak about NIOT-E-NPI3-51-EN-RE or are you speaking about NIOT-E-TPI51-3-EN-RE?

Thx
Armin
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

(January-31st-2020, 01:07 PM)Armin@netPI Wrote: Hello MAK,

which "docker" are you speaking about when you say "rebuilding"?

We provide a Node-RED docker container example here https://hub.docker.com/r/hilschernetpi/netpi-nodered. It is that what you are speaking about? In this container example we use Node-RED version 0.20.8.

Are you sure you speak about NIOT-E-NPI3-51-EN-RE or are you speaking about NIOT-E-TPI51-3-EN-RE?

Thx
Armin

Hello Armin,

thank you for your Reply.

Yes ist is about NIOT-E-NPI3-51-EN-RE V1.x as readable in the GSD-file of TIA. It seems, that the docker is a cutted version of hilschers Version. The Node-RED version is 0.17.3.

I have attached a documented error description in PDF format to this post. Maybe this will make it more obvious.

Thanks

Marc

Attached Files
.pdf   Gatewayproblem_eng.pdf (Size: 729.6 KB / Downloads: 3)
Oh I see.

You have to understand that Hilscher is providing just the plain hardware NIOT-E-NPI3-51-RE-EN to customers.

Hilscher does not decide on the software that is running on the netPI product. It is an open product. Everybody can do with it what he wants ... and as I can see company ETS DIDACTIC GMBH has written their own Node-RED software for it and deployed in on their netPI version before selling it.

I agree that Hilscher provides examples of software for companies like ETS DIDACTIC GMBH and they can use them as a good starter for their own projects.

So if you are missing some functions in ETS DIDACTIC GMBH Node-RED version then you have to get in touch with ETS DIDACTIC GMBH to ask for a software update.

Thx
Armin
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

(January-31st-2020, 02:09 PM)Armin@netPI Wrote: Oh I see.

You have to understand that Hilscher is providing just the plain hardware NIOT-E-NPI3-51-RE-EN to customers.

Hilscher does not decide on the software that is running on the netPI product. It is an open product. Everybody can do with it what he wants ... and as I can see company ETS DIDACTIC GMBH has written their own Node-RED software for it and deployed in on their netPI version before selling it.

I agree that Hilscher provides examples of software for companies like ETS DIDACTIC GMBH and they can use them as a good starter for their own projects.

So if you are missing some functions in ETS DIDACTIC GMBH Node-RED version then you have to get in touch with ETS DIDACTIC GMBH to ask for a software update.

Thx
Armin

Thank you very much for your answer.

No I can be sure, that only ETS is the right Contact person for this issue an I can concentrate on that.

Marc

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Node Red configuration LucioFiam 3 1,647 November-30th-2022, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  https certificate issues in new nodered docker image Dipro 1 1,661 May-4th-2022, 05:46 AM
  secure node-red with a username and password Christian_Rau 3 2,842 December-3rd-2021, 11:06 AM
  cifx0 and Node-Red fabio1975 5 3,102 November-22nd-2021, 01:13 PM
  Node red web UI issue DSongra 3 3,150 July-22nd-2021, 02:47 PM
  Node-RED 'projects' possible on netPI? JG_KIT 2 2,304 July-20th-2021, 01:11 PM
Last Post: JG_KIT
  Docker exposed port don't send data on eth0 COswald 3 3,106 July-15th-2021, 02:10 PM
  Docker not enabled tad 10 4,821 July-14th-2021, 08:54 AM
  Node-RED: OpcUa Client node tad 4 4,396 June-9th-2021, 08:51 AM
Last Post: tad
  Docker amd64 instead of arm biancode 3 3,004 January-17th-2021, 09:40 PM