• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QDID (Qualified Design ID) and Product Type for Bluetooth
Dear Armin,

Does a company has to register for EPL (End Product Listing, that is, final product registration) when using Bluetooth with netPI (in order to sell Bluetooth devices)?

I think that is yes so that could you tell me the QDID (Qualified Design ID) and Product Type for registering netPI as a Bluetooth product?
When registering the EPL, I will need the QDID information and the Product Type of the Bluetooth module.

Thank you very much for your support.
Best regards,
Well Tad,

Hilscher is not a member of the Bluetooth SIG and also netPI does not have a Bluetooth Logo outside on the housing. We have never obtained a QDID for it and we had never promoted it that we have a QDID. Bluetooth was never in the focus for Hilscher as communication method whereas Wifi was.

Thx
Armin
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

What I can tell you definitvely is that netPI contains the chip CYW43438 which is a Wifi/Bluetooth combination chip. This chip is listed in the official bluetooth listing https://launchstudio.bluetooth.com/ListingDetails/2306. The QDID of this chip is 100820

Thx
Armin

Dear Armin,

Thank you very much for your information.
I really appreciate it.

Best regards,
Dear Armin,

Do you have any test report which includes the following data?

- How many broadcast signals can be allowed when searching for the desired signal?
- How many BLE devices can be connected at the same time in a stable manner?

Thank you very much for your information.
Best regards,
Well the only information I can give to you what is written in the official bluetooth chip manual. 

More information I do not have.

At Hilscher we do not have a Bluetooth expert.

.pdf   BCM43438.pdf (Size: 1.08 MB / Downloads: 2)

Thx
Armin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up [SOLVED] Can netPI RTE3 support bluetooth? firefly 6 4,647 May-7th-2019, 05:03 AM
Last Post: Armin@netPI