• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
netPI with 32GByte High Endurance SD card
Today I want to announce netPI will be getting available in near future in a 32GByte industrial SD card version featuring high endurance.

The new SD card of type PSLC is not only delivering you 4 times more capacity but also a 5 times higher endurance and 5-10% more read access speed.

Instead of the 384TBW (Terabytes Written) endurance the 8GB SD card we sold netPI so far is providing, the new 32GB delivers you an endurance of 1920TBW instead.

While I was always speaking critical in threads/post when it came to recommend netPI for database use cases such as storing data on netPI periodically, now with the new 32GB high endurance SD card I see no problem with it at all. The 32GB card's endurance can be compare to those featured by today's SSD disk drives you are typically using in personal computers.

P.S.: this thread relates back to my post from 2017 where I was talking about the SD card durability in general.
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

For all who are interested in detailed information:

The 8GB version is of model type SDSDQAF3-008G-XI. More information can be found at https://www.mouser.de/ProductDetail/SanD...F3-008G-XI

The 32GB version is of model type SDSDQED–032G-XI. More information can be found at https://www.mouser.de/ProductDetail/SanD...ED-032G-XI

We have started the production of the 32 GB netPI devices now.

netPI CORE 3 will be the device going first to the market. It is named "NIOT-E-NPI3-EN\32HE" and has the part number "1321.511\32HE".

You can place an order now under sales@hilscher.com. Since production is still ongoing delivery will be in about 2-3 weeks.

We have also started the production of the 32 GB netPI RTE 3 version

netPI RTE 3 with 32GB support is named "NIOT-E-NPI3-51-EN-RE\32HE" and has the part number "1321.502\32HE".

You can place an order now under sales@hilscher.com. Delivery will be in about 2-3 weeks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [INFO] 100% your software ... buy netPI without SD card Armin@netPI 2 528 March-26th-2019, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Armin@netPI