• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to unpack netPI to replace the microSD card
Dear Armin,

I have seen an web site that shows how to remove the microSD card of netPI by showing a picture.
I can't find this site anymore, so could you please let me now the site if you know?

Thank you very much for your support.
Best regards,
Hi Tad, I do not know exactly what you mean. I have personally not made any pictures and made it public. If then it must be coming from someone else.

The microSD card sits in a microSD card socket located mid right on netPI's PCBA.

This socket has a push-push ejection mechanism. So removing the SD card is simple by pushing the microSD card and the it jumps out of the socket. Then you can replace it with a new one by giving the new one a push till it is holded by the socket.

Of course you need to open netPI's case by unscrewing the 4 housing screws first. Then you can remove the upper part of the housing by sliding it upwards while the lower part (as the picture shows) remains with the PCBA.

Putting later the upper and lower housing part together is a little tricky cause you have to pay attention that the HDMI connector moves into the outlet appropriately. Then screw the 4 screws tight again and you are done.
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Thank you very much for your reply.
I understand the website I am looking for was not created by Hilscher.

By the way, recently, application designs without the netPI's OS environment are increasing so that I am trying to make the procedure to exchange a microSD card.
As you mentioned, the material starts from releasing 4 screws.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Broken SD card dusrma24 11 9,518 February-9th-2022, 02:31 PM
Last Post: dral2009
  [SOLVED]SD card writing speed m-yoshikawa 4 3,076 February-25th-2021, 07:13 AM
Last Post: m-yoshikawa
  [SOLVED] Use larger SD-Card with original Hilscher-Image Andi 9 7,284 January-7th-2021, 06:13 AM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  SD card durability Armin@netPI 2 5,054 November-4th-2020, 06:01 PM
Wink SD card on NIOT-E-NPI3-51-EN-RE Lingyue 3 4,264 March-6th-2020, 07:34 AM
Last Post: Lingyue
  Sealed microSD memory card (no more) Armin@netPI 1 3,071 August-13th-2019, 10:51 AM