• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NPIX board outline
netPI's pluggable advanced networking modules are called NPIX which stands for NetPI eXtension modules. The interface is like the HAT interface you know from Raspberry already but provides signals from the network controller SoC netX additionally (netX communication was not established yet in any of Hilscher NPIX designs).

A standard plastic 52 pin mPCIe socket provides the physical contact between netPI's motherboard and the plugin modules. The mPCIe socket was selected cause it is delivering the appropriate number of signals. It is not providing a real mPCIe signal bus! Due to its popularity you'll find socket and connector in any PCB board design software's library. The whole PCB has roughly a size of 4 cm x 4,5 cm and its board outline can be found as appendix to this topic.

Attached Files
.pdf   NPIX board outline.pdf (Size: 89 KB / Downloads: 34)
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Hi...thanks for sharing this information. It will be really helpful for me as i am working for development with this board.May i know form where i can get the more depth details like circuitry and pcb design etc.?
346 Wrote:May i know form where i can get the more depth details like circuitry and pcb design etc.?

What excalty do you need and I can provide you any information we have to you.

Just let me understand your requirement. You want to make your own design? Is my understanding correct?

Meanwhile we have some modules released and you find a manual of them download section here https://www.netiot.com/netpi/industrial-raspberry-pi-3/

Maybe the manual helps you any further?

Dear Armin,

Could I have a dimension drawing of cover plate of the expansion slot?
Especially, I need below:
- a distance between 2 holes
- size of holes (screw pitch and diameter)

If possible, I would like to manufacture the same metal cover which NIOT-E-NPIX-XXX use.
I just modify square-cut size for a connector.
So, its dimension drawing would be also helpful for me.

Thank you very much for your support.
Best regards,
Well we have a 3D model of the complete netPI devices in the download section here: https://www.netiot.com/netpi/industrial-raspberry-pi-3/

I suppose with this 3D drawing and a free program to watch the 3D file you will be able to see the size.

Since all holes if netPI housing are of the same dimension,- if it is one of the NPIX slot or if it is one for screwing upper and lower housing part together - we are using the same screws of type M3x5mm for fixing. Also the screw of the NPIX modules are of type M3

Find appended a 3D PDF file of one of our NPIX modules.

I loaded it into my Acrobat reader able to read 3D files and which is able to measure distances and also to remove parts that makes it easy to measure the distance between the two holes after removing the two screws.

It is 50,997 mm.

Attached Files
.pdf   NPIX Module-3D.PDF (Size: 154.3 KB / Downloads: 1)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NPIX signals MikeP 1 2,350 November-8th-2021, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  NPIX-RS485 with auto direction control now available Armin@netPI 11 7,911 May-15th-2020, 10:46 PM
Last Post: EnergyKonnex
  NPIX expansion module NIOT-E-NPIX-4DI4DO 3D drawing Armin@netPI 0 2,015 April-20th-2020, 05:49 AM
  NIOT-E-NPIX-EVA EPROM milesie 1 2,462 February-24th-2020, 06:32 PM
  NPIX-4DI4DO keep inputs galvanically isolated? EUROKEY 1 2,915 January-9th-2020, 09:09 AM
  Designing own NPIX extension modules Armin@netPI 0 1,851 September-12th-2019, 11:54 AM
  NIOT-E-NPIX-RCAN availability andreash 4 4,364 April-26th-2019, 01:25 PM
  [SOLVED] NPIX-4DI4DO Module clogomes 1 2,268 April-15th-2019, 12:39 PM
  Custom NPIX modules Armin@netPI 0 2,358 February-9th-2018, 12:33 PM