• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automatic setup of NetPI (for production)
Hello Armin,

thank you for the answer. This indeed sounds as a viable solution for this kind of task. I will have a closer look on it.

In the meantime, I would like to share my experience with the SD card image backup/restore method. I have found out about this boot behaviour, your have pointed out, the hard way (one NetPI's BOOT and RESC partitions have been lost, thus we have non functional device).
Then I have tried a slightly different approach. I have created backup only from the third partition (partition with SYSTEM and BACKUP volumes), shrinked it a bit (so it will fit any SD card /each card differ slightly in size/) and then replaced only this third partition on new NetPI with the backup.
With this approach I've got a working NetPI with all the settings and containers set as required for production.

So we will examine both methods and choose one (I personally like your idea more, we will see).

Regards,
Martin.

Messages In This Thread
Automatic setup of NetPI (for production) - by Martin Serik - December-12th-2019, 02:10 PM
RE: Automatic setup of NetPI (for production) - by Martin Serik - December-12th-2019, 03:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Initial Setup of Control Panel with admin + admin thorws error Michi 4 2,937 January-28th-2022, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Michi
  netPI setup procedure tad 1 2,175 March-15th-2021, 05:48 AM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  Setup trusted Docker registry on a Raspberry Pi to host netPI containers Armin@netPI 12 12,943 January-31st-2019, 06:47 PM
  Automatic setup of the netPI PBulach 1 2,577 April-27th-2018, 11:32 AM
  Problems with NTP setup adeeljsid 4 3,695 March-17th-2018, 06:42 AM
  NTP setup (Network time protocol) zulliger@software-natives.ch 1 2,651 February-7th-2018, 09:05 PM