• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion for NetPi Update process
I just received the NetPi today, and have already a suggestion for the Update process:
- Generate the USB key from the NetPi itself (format, download firmware onto)
- Use a dual partition (active / standby) method to download & activate the new firmware

Perhaps, you can consider that a USB storage is installed "by default" into the front or top port, there are some very tiny key available today. So via the Control Panel, the user can prepare and reboot the upgrade remotely if you don't want to mess with the internal flash card for such change.

Side remark to the storage, there are lot of discussion around the flash reliability on regular Raspberry Pi. I remember I read that your product has a soldered flash. Perhaps it would be a good idea to have an indication of the internal card "health" into the control panel (like we have with SMART disk stats). Don't know if such stats is possible for a flash, but perhaps have an idea of amount of read/write or IOPS,... so we have a clue about how it behaves.

Messages In This Thread
Answer - by vdupont - February-14th-2018, 05:13 PM
Answer - by Armin@netPI - February-14th-2018, 05:38 PM
Answer - by vdupont - February-14th-2018, 06:47 PM
Answer - by Armin@netPI - February-14th-2018, 09:32 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  netPI-netx-programming-examples update slos 12 7,992 September-14th-2020, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  [SOLVED] How to update firmware philippbruhin.ch 12 9,554 July-16th-2019, 11:20 AM
Last Post: patrick
  Software update without factory defaults hannes 3 2,873 March-19th-2019, 11:57 AM
Last Post: patrick