• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recovery for empty SD Card
Hi,

I hab an issue with my SD card and it wasn't readably anymore. Now I can't use the recovery USB stick to restore my netpi. How can I create a new SD card with a base image, so that I can use my netpi again. Is there any base image I can use for that?
In other threads I read that the netpi OS is specific to each MAC adress of the netpi. Is there any other recovery method besides an USB stick with the recovery tools?

Greets
dipro
Hi there,

what do you mean by "not readable any more"? Is this message something the netPI is printing on the HDMI output when you power it? Do you have a screen shot?

What else happened to your netPI device exactly? When did this effect happen? Was your netPI under operation and then it happened accidentially? What type of application are you running on your netPI? Is it an application that puts a high write load onto the SD card? An SD card has a limititation of write cycles by its very nature of its NAND technology used.

What is the MAC address of your device printed on the label? What is the model name and the variant code printed on the label?

Thx
Armin
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Hi,

here are the Information. I've added a picture in the attachments. Hopefully you can still help me. 

the MAC addr.:   B827EB10AB28

Model no. :         NIOT E NPI3 51 EN RE

Model var. :        -

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Well, 

I see in the production database that it was manufactured 2021-03-02, so it is a brand new device in my eyes. It also have included the white colored industrial suited SD card from SANDISK where we had no problem with before in terms of losing data. So I am wondering why it got "broken". This is absolutely unusual.

What I will do next is sending you a common 8GB SD card image that you can burn your SD card with 1:1 using a program like Win32Diskimager or Balena Etcher ... but after that you need to replace one single file which is the correct device label file for your device B827EB10AB28 needed for booting. So after burning the SD card mount it on your Windows or Linux system. The system will indicate two FAT32 partitions. The first has a folder named "nvd" in it. In this folder copy the file "device_data" that I will be sending to you as well. After copying it insert the SD card back into the netPI socket again and boot your netPI device as usual.

(July-27th-2021, 06:16 AM)Armin@netPI Wrote: Well, 

I see in the production database that it was manufactured 2021-03-02, so it is a brand new device in my eyes. It also have included the white colored industrial suited SD card from SANDISK where we had no problem with before in terms of losing data. So I am wondering why it got "broken". This is absolutely unusual.

What I will do next is sending you a common 8GB SD card image that you can burn your SD card with 1:1 using a program like Win32Diskimager or Balena Etcher ... but after that you need to replace one single file which is the correct device label file for your device B827EB10AB28 needed for booting. So after burning the SD card mount it on your Windows or Linux system. The system will indicate two FAT32 partitions. The first has a folder named "nvd" in it. In this folder copy the file "device_data" that I will be sending to you as well. After copying it insert the SD card back into the netPI socket again and boot your netPI device as usual.

Hi Armin, I'm facing a similar issue, the SD card of one of our gateways was damage due to customs verification at the airport, we manage to use the raspbian image as a "not so good" replacement of the original OS, please can you help to restore the gateways to its original OS. I'll appreciate any support that you can give us.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Armin.

I have a same case with one of my netPI, currently.
I ordered one new, but your sales team not shure when it will produced.

Kindly request please share this recovery image NTB827EB3DBA76.
Very big thank you in advance.
Hello,

I see the device "B827EB3DBA76" was produced back April year 2018 as our database tells me. Till year 2019 the SD cards of netPI were unremovable glued into the SD card holder. There is no chance to make any SD card image replacement as the customer above you are referencing. He had luck and he had a device manufactured >2019.

I am sorry to say that I cannot provide you an image. You can open the 6 screws of your netPI yourself and see that the SD card is glued into the socket.

Thx
Armin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD card full Peter2020 8 5,142 December-3rd-2020, 08:14 PM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  compatibility btw RPi 3B and netPI regarding to microSD card tad 4 3,461 September-30th-2020, 09:09 AM
  Reset netPI to factory settings by software recovery Armin@netPI 0 2,950 January-10th-2018, 09:09 PM