• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet trouble(Hardware failure?)
Well to your question about "I'm sorry but I cannot understand the purpose of this test" ... since 25 years with hilscher I collected also experiences with malfunctions of devices caused by EMC problems conducted over the cable. So if you say that the Ethernet connection is instable ... and 30 minutes is really a short time in my eyes ... then it is reasonable to think also about an EMC disturbance that might be distributed over the Ethernet cable causing the trouble. So my idea was to put just for a test a simple Ethernet switch in between the main Ethernet cable and the netPI and see if the problem is still happening. So in my eyes any Ethernet switch would do a good job for this test.

You say the malfunctioning netPI is installed in a box ... how about to exchange this netPI with the good working netPI while changing the application. In this case if the good netPI is still working good then indeed the other netPI is the reason for the trouble and needs to be exchanged.

Thx
Armin
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Messages In This Thread
Ethernet trouble(Hardware failure?) - by m-yoshikawa - June-15th-2021, 07:27 AM
RE: Ethernet trouble(Hardware failure?) - by Armin@netPI - June-17th-2021, 10:45 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hardware watchdog in a container Armin@netPI 0 1,925 January-7th-2021, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  netPI RTE + remote access + IO data access on ethernet/ip MGharat 1 2,275 December-24th-2020, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Armin@netPI