• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet trouble(Hardware failure?)
Dear Armin,

Thank you for your support. I will answer.

>>So next to the pins + and - have you also grounded the netPI well with the 3rd pin of the power connector? Also the device has a clamp to fit on the DIN rail ... is this DIN rail put to ground potential as it is usual for industrial installations?

No, the netPIs are not grounded with the 3rd pin.

>>You say you have trouble with the Ethernet connection ... is it possible to put an Ethernet switch between the netPI device and the rest of you LAN network. Of course just for test purposes only?

I'm sorry but I cannot understand the purpose of this test. However, it is possible. I will use GS108PE-300JPS as a ethernet switch. Is it all right?

>>How often is the Ethernet connection to netPI lost per day? During night times, during day time? During intensive production times?

I have not counted it yet. However, The connection lost usually occurs within 30 minutes after the start of ethernet communication.
Our product is not intended to running constantly. When needed, the product get upped. So, there is no specific time the problem occurs.

>>You say you have two netPI devices ... are both netPIs used in similar environment so that you can say both applications are the same and the whole setup can be compared to each other for both netPI?

I think they are in very similar environment, whose netPI firmware versions are the same, their LAN settings on Control Panel are the same, whose containers on docker is built by the same image.
Usually, they use another power source machine, but I have tested them by using the same power source machine. However, the problem only occurs for the specific netPI.
The test application is a windows console application which sends files repeatedly to a netPI with scp, through ethernet connection. So there is no test program on netPI. Therefore, there is no application difference.

The only difference which I have realized is that the bad netPI is surrounded four side by metal box, and near to camera device(During my ethernet test, the cameras are powered off), on the other hand, the good netPI is not surrounded and not near to camera device.

Best Regards,

Messages In This Thread
Ethernet trouble(Hardware failure?) - by m-yoshikawa - June-15th-2021, 07:27 AM
RE: Ethernet trouble(Hardware failure?) - by m-yoshikawa - June-17th-2021, 09:13 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hardware watchdog in a container Armin@netPI 0 1,925 January-7th-2021, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  netPI RTE + remote access + IO data access on ethernet/ip MGharat 1 2,275 December-24th-2020, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Armin@netPI