• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet trouble(Hardware failure?)
Ok, what I can do is looking to my personal netPI and analyse the log file and compare it to your log file.

As next I am asking the development team when Linux or driver will be reporting "disable by hub"

I have one more question about the type of OS you are using on netPI. Is it the original netPI OS and original SD card from Hilscher, or are you using any other OS like Raspbian OS for your task.

We need to narrow down the problem. I still do not believe that netPI has an internal hardware problem. So next to the pins + and - have you also grounded the netPI well with the 3rd pin of the power connector? Also the device has a clamp to fit on the DIN rail ... is this DIN rail put to ground potential as it is usual for industrial installations?

You say you have trouble with the Ethernet connection ... is it possible to put an Ethernet switch between the netPI device and the rest of you LAN network. Of course just for test purposes only? How often is the Ethernet connection to netPI lost per day? During night times, during day time? During intensive production times?

You say you have two netPI devices ... are both netPIs used in similar environment so that you can say both applications are the same and the whole setup can be compared to each other for both netPI?
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Messages In This Thread
Ethernet trouble(Hardware failure?) - by m-yoshikawa - June-15th-2021, 07:27 AM
RE: Ethernet trouble(Hardware failure?) - by Armin@netPI - June-16th-2021, 05:34 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hardware watchdog in a container Armin@netPI 0 1,925 January-7th-2021, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  netPI RTE + remote access + IO data access on ethernet/ip MGharat 1 2,275 December-24th-2020, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Armin@netPI