• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybus x-gateway Profibus -> Profibus compatibility
Hi Armin,
I am looking at the second case- bringing some Profinet data to Azure only. The scenario is as follows: -
The customer has a large piece of industrial equipment that I'm assuming runs using a local profitnet network, exclusive to that piece of equipment. I think they are using the HMS gateway to isolate the local profinet network and only expose certain things to a wider profinet network that might be running in the building. The larger network can read some values from a register and write back some values to a register in order to monitor and perform basic control functions of the equipment.

We firstly want to read the data from the register and stream this to Azure IoT Hub as a JSON message. This will happen every x seconds.
Next, we will process this data in the cloud and it will be passed through an algorithm that decides how the equipment should run. Should the algorithm determine that the machine needs to run in a different way we would send a cloud to device message back which in turn would then set the write register of the profinet device.

Thanks
James

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anybus x-gateway Profibus -> Profitbus compatability - by JammyBrand - February-15th-2021, 01:55 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  netPI RTE 3 and Profibus Kanasak 2 2,824 April-23rd-2021, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Kanasak