• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freshly received netPI cannot boot - Invalid partition 2
Hi there,

an end customer has no possibility other than to restore the device back to factory settings using the system software from https://www.netiot.com/netpi/industrial-raspberry-pi-3/ along with an USB stick following this instruction here https://www.netiot.com/netpi/industrial-...-on-netpi/.

But you described you did exactly the same thing I mentioning above and it did not work, right? The log file you printed out is the one during the usage of the recovery stick?

Each netPI and software on the SD card is bound to the serial number of the Raspberry Pi processor. Any modifications on the file system or the partitions will usually be detected by the high assurance boot mechanism we have implemented. And it seems to me that this is happening right now and a malfunction has been detected. A root source is not clear to me even with the log file you sent.

So my first proposal is to try again the USB stick one more time. On the HDMI output you should see normally that a stick was detected and it tries to boot from this stick and the update is started then afterwards.

If this still does not work the only chance I see is to send this device back for repair. I would generate then a return ticket for you so that finally the device can be examined by myself personally to analyse what excatly happened. I would clone the SD card for example and try to reboot the device and I will check all the files that should be on the SD card with the real existing ones.

Thx
Armin
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Freshly received netPI cannot boot - Invalid partition 2 - by Armin@netPI - September-25th-2020, 11:21 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SOLVED] Boot from usb stick Jonas.Sellmann@outlook.de 1 2,833 November-21st-2018, 04:11 PM
Last Post: Armin@netPI