• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simulation of Powerlink Devices
My first question is ... you are talking about netX5x based devices. Which one do you have in mind?

I am asking casue you posted this thread under the netPI area ... but I have the impression you want to use more a device like this https://www.netiot.com/interface/nethat/. If this is true I would like to shift this thread to the netHAT area.

The communication between netSHIELD or netHAT modules to the host process goes across an SPI interface. While each of netX5x boards could of course run independently the problem is more on the host processor side and the number of support SPI port along with the necessary chip select signals which are all hard wired on all boards. So this is why you cannot stack the board and hence not use multiple of them in parallel.

You have seen that netX5x based device have 2 ethernet ports. Both ports are bound together when netX5x chip is loaded with POWERLINK device software and establish a hub function you know from standard hub devices maybe. This is why wou cannot drive two POWERLINK networks at a time with them.

Since it is a hub, the delay are just some nano to micro seconds. This is all done in realtime on netX5x device and is not related to the netPI host processor.

I see in the responsible PM's roadmap evaluating first ideas about netHAT 90 this quarter Q3/2020 ... but physical devices I would expect not before Q1/2021.

Similar projects? You mean netX multi-protocol chip projects? Or POWERLINK projects?

Thx
Armin
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Messages In This Thread
Simulation of Powerlink Devices - by stefan_luik - September-8th-2020, 01:42 PM
RE: Simulation of Powerlink Devices - by Armin@netPI - September-8th-2020, 02:00 PM
RE: Simulation of Powerlink Devices - by stefan_luik - September-8th-2020, 02:25 PM
RE: Simulation of Powerlink Devices - by Armin@netPI - September-8th-2020, 03:14 PM
RE: Simulation of Powerlink Devices - by stefan_luik - September-8th-2020, 04:17 PM
RE: Simulation of Powerlink Devices - by Armin@netPI - September-8th-2020, 04:46 PM
RE: Simulation of Powerlink Devices - by stefan_luik - September-9th-2020, 08:55 AM
RE: Simulation of Powerlink Devices - by Armin@netPI - September-9th-2020, 09:09 AM
RE: Simulation of Powerlink Devices - by stefan_luik - September-9th-2020, 02:38 PM
RE: Simulation of Powerlink Devices - by Armin@netPI - September-9th-2020, 02:53 PM
RE: Simulation of Powerlink Devices - by stefan_luik - September-9th-2020, 03:41 PM
RE: Simulation of Powerlink Devices - by Armin@netPI - September-9th-2020, 04:00 PM
RE: Simulation of Powerlink Devices - by stefan_luik - September-9th-2020, 04:15 PM
RE: Simulation of Powerlink Devices - by stefan_luik - September-8th-2021, 02:14 PM
RE: Simulation of Powerlink Devices - by Armin@netPI - September-8th-2021, 03:57 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  netPI as simulator for PROFINET "shared devices" reiboh 1 3,208 January-15th-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Armin@netPI