• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet trouble(Hardware failure?)
Dear Armin,

I detached the malfunctioning netPI from the metal box, and use ethernet switch between this malfunctioning one and windows PC. However, the ethernet connection lost still occurred within about 20minutes.

On the other hand, I attached the good working netPI to the metal box and use ethernet switch between this good working one and windows PC. The ethernet connection lost did not occur for this netPI for 1hour.

Therefore, it appears that the problem is unique for malfunctioning one.
However, there is not only the possibility of hardware physical matter, but for the possibility of wrong settings on the malfunctioning one. 
Since I do not know the way to compare all the settings on netPI, but for just looking the Gateway Manager pages, I cannot be sure if their settings are the same or not.
Is there any other good way to compare their settings?

I can reinstall the netPI firmware to the malfunctioning one. If some wrong settings are the causes of this problem, reinstall for malfunctioning one may solve the problem. Should I try reinstalling?

Best Regards,

Messages In This Thread
Ethernet trouble(Hardware failure?) - by m-yoshikawa - June-15th-2021, 07:27 AM
RE: Ethernet trouble(Hardware failure?) - by m-yoshikawa - June-21st-2021, 10:16 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hardware watchdog in a container Armin@netPI 0 1,930 January-7th-2021, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  netPI RTE + remote access + IO data access on ethernet/ip MGharat 1 2,286 December-24th-2020, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Armin@netPI