• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet trouble(Hardware failure?)
Dear Armin,

Thank you for your research. I will answer.

>>Are you sure this log message came during netPI runtime and not from the beginning during the standard bootup sequence? I have not analysed the netPI standard message log after a fresh restart sequence ever ... so I don't know what messages are all traced by default.

I am not sure. However, I think it came during netPI runtime and not from the beginning during the bootup sequence.
The attached file is the syslog which contains the message below. I think this log message is on netPI runtime.
<3>1 2021-06-16T02:31:05+00:00 NTB827EB538466 kernel - - [meta sequenceId="1"] [  399.529904] usb usb1-port1: disabled by hub (EMI?), re-enabling...

>>If you say you have "ethernet trouble" ... which extract trouble is this then? Is netPI no more available/reachable over Ethernet any more? Or is this just a temporarily trouble of a short time? What do you need to do with your netPI to recover from this state? Re-powering it or does it recovery by itself after a time?

It is a temporal trouble of a short time(several seconds). However, I use camera devices through ethernet, and the temporal lost of ethernet connection causes fatal error for the camera devices. Therefore, what I need is not the way to recover, but the way to not cause this temporal connection lost.
However, this temporal connection lost occurs for only a certain netPI device in my environment. So, if this is a problem on a certain device, such as a hardware physical matter, I can buy another netPI device and use it instead of the deteriorated one. In contrast, if it is not unique problem for this certain netPI device, I have to deal with this problem.
So, what I am most concerned about is whether this problem is more likely to be a unique problem for a certain device, or not.

>>Then a question to the installation position of your netPI devices? Is this a productive system under real machinery conditions with EMC and EMI? Or are your two netPIs just running in more laboratory environment?

Our product is something like a productive system under real machinery conditions, not in laboratory environment.
However, this connection lost problem also occurs on my office desk. There are some wifi networks, but it is not so harsh environment.

Best Regards,

Attached Files
.zip   syslog_usbError.zip (Size: 40.86 KB / Downloads: 0)

Messages In This Thread
Ethernet trouble(Hardware failure?) - by m-yoshikawa - June-15th-2021, 07:27 AM
RE: Ethernet trouble(Hardware failure?) - by m-yoshikawa - June-16th-2021, 04:06 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hardware watchdog in a container Armin@netPI 0 1,926 January-7th-2021, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  netPI RTE + remote access + IO data access on ethernet/ip MGharat 1 2,277 December-24th-2020, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Armin@netPI