• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Configuring S7-1200 PLC to communicate with node-red ...
Hello, I am a student currently working on a project where I am trying to read and write data from node-red to PLC and vice versa. I have got a few questions regarding the hardware connection of the netPi to S7-1200 PLC.

The way I did my setting:
1. The IP address of the netPi is configured under the path of Edge Gateway default browser>Control Panel>Network>LAN.
2. Then I configured the Wi-fi connection so that netPi can communicate with its default browser through Wi-fi instead of LAN.
3. The netPi was initially connected to PC using a switch, where the LAN and 'fieldbus in' port is connected to the switch.
4. To configure the PLC program, I dowloaded the netPi GSD file and added it into the TIA portal. 

Issues:
1. When I plugged in both the 'fieldbus in' and 'fieldbus out' port to the same switch, the TIA portal cannot detect the netPi device at all, however when I removed one of the fieldbus conenction leaving either 'fieldbus in' or 'fieldbus out' connected to the switch, TIA portal is able to detect the netPi. Then I tried to download the program into the connected PLC, an error of I/O device cannot be reached occur in the TIA portal.

Questions:
1. How should I connect the netPi to PLC so that TIA portal can detect the netPi, is it through either of the fieldbus connection only (in or out)?
2. I have set the IP address of the netPi GSD file to be the same in the netPi default browser under the path of Edge Gateway default browser>Control Panel>Network>LAN, but the the same error of 'I/O device' cannot be found occur when I checked the online diagnostic of the netPI in TIA portal, could anyone please guide me through how the setup should be done properly?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Cman587

Attached Files
.pdf   Connection.pdf (Size: 809.69 KB / Downloads: 12)

Messages In This Thread
Configuring S7-1200 PLC to communicate with node-red ... - by Cman587 - January-27th-2021, 05:19 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Configuring EtherCAT communication Hoeber 1 2,203 September-22nd-2021, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  IoT Edge Gateway: Node-RED - ARRAY -> OPC UA AxelHa2111 5 4,866 May-21st-2021, 05:13 PM
  InfluxDB, Node-RED and Grafana Armin@netPI 0 3,709 January-6th-2021, 02:36 PM
  PROFINET to OPC UA data conversion with Node-RED Armin@netPI 0 3,600 July-7th-2020, 12:20 PM
  Accessing Siemens S7 PLCs over Node-RED Armin@netPI 3 9,343 February-24th-2020, 06:44 PM
Last Post: jacp
Information NPIX-RCAN with node-red-contrib-canbus node patrick 0 2,148 August-22nd-2019, 02:36 PM
Last Post: patrick