• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GSDML file
Hi Mike,

the terminology of PROFINET is described in this manual: http://us.profinet.com/wp-content/upload...14_web.pdf

I personally speak about slot/subslot usually ... but some others may speak about submodules meaning pretty much the same.

Basis for the netPI example GSDML file is the original netX51 chip device and its GSDML file "NETX 51 RE/PNS V3.5.35 - V3.x" that we provide. While this original GSDML file is flexible and allow you to configure many "IO modules" (in SYCON.net or netX configuration utility) the modified one for netPI have two modules already preconfigured in the IO size that fits exactly to the given PROFINET example source code.

It is correct the netX 51 chip on netPI supports up to 1440 inputs and 1440 outputs overall. It is not a different netX51 then all the others in the world.

In order not to make it too complicated for customer in configuring the IO size for netPI we have chosen an example of just configuring a single additional slot/subslot for inputs and a single slot/subslot for outputs. If you want to support a netX 51 device with multi slot support the configuration is getting extremely complicated and in my eyes and needs a netX workshop at Hilscher to understand it in all details. This is more for customers who want to totally integrate a netX chip in their embedded hardware. This is not what I would invest for a product netPI alike where just the amount of inputs and outputs counts in the end and not modularity.

But I agree everything is possible. But the support for netPI ends with single input/single output module as provided with the example code.

V4.x GSDML files can't be used since the netX51 firmware stack isn't available for netPI product. V4.x was written to downsize the firmware to work on netX52 chip based devices which support no external RAM ... but netX51 used on netPI has it . So there is no need for V4.x

Thx
Armin
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Messages In This Thread
GSDML file - by milesie - February-17th-2020, 05:26 PM
RE: GSDML file - by Armin@netPI - February-17th-2020, 05:38 PM
RE: GSDML file - by Armin@netPI - February-18th-2020, 05:18 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cannot execute file: Exec format error - NETPI tuliosouza 1 1,838 January-13th-2022, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  GSDML File royazriel 6 7,073 October-7th-2020, 08:39 PM
  file folder with netPI RTE MGharat 1 2,227 December-5th-2019, 07:04 AM
  [SOLVED] Faulty devices description file from Github Whatzittoya13 5 3,727 March-11th-2019, 11:58 AM