• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Developer Edition
I also apologize for insisting on this and want to assure to that what Hilscher and especially you, Armin, are doing here, is really amazing!

I may have missed the point, but I'm still under the impression that the answers didn't help to solve the underlaying issue so far. Here's roughly how I see the situation we are faced with:

- NetPi uses Yocto - we don't have much information about what packages are installed and especially we don't know how they're configured. I.e. the content of the /etc/* is hidden to us. Therefore, we also don't know how NetPi has setup Docker, but we do know that it's not using the default config, as you've told us (e.g. we can't access all the /dev devices)

- RPi3 is usually installed with Raspian, I think this is also what Hilscher suggests (If I remember correctly from memory!). And I think we are meant to install a "vanilla" Docker into it. Therefore, this setup will use the "default config", allowing full access to /dev, etc.

=> If the above is more or less correct, then I claim that we are NOT able to run Docker containers on RPi3 under the same conditions as on NetPi, unless Hilscher makes at least the Docker configuration public. Or did I miss something?

(I first thought that the netPI-container-build-environment image may create such an environment, but I was not able to spot any special 'Docker config' while inspecting https://github.com/Hilscher/netPI-contai...Dockerfile. Did I miss something?)

Messages In This Thread
Developer Edition - by vdupont - February-16th-2018, 03:20 PM
Answer - by Armin@netPI - February-17th-2018, 10:04 AM
Answer - by zulliger@software-natives.ch - February-20th-2018, 07:07 AM
Answer - by Armin@netPI - February-20th-2018, 08:23 AM
Answer - by vdupont - February-20th-2018, 11:07 AM
Answer - by Armin@netPI - February-20th-2018, 11:47 AM
Answer - by zulliger@software-natives.ch - February-20th-2018, 04:46 PM
Answer - by Armin@netPI - February-20th-2018, 07:02 PM
Answer - by Armin@netPI - February-20th-2018, 08:18 PM