• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
netPI use case for House Automation
144 Wrote:Have you ever evaluated the response time of your Wago coupler. I expect it responses in 2-3msec and higher. Even if you poll it on Raspberry CPU as fast as you can, it will not load the Quad-Core CPU for sure.
Armin

Yes, indeed I guess very good response time. For the moment, I have 2 docker images: one I can qualify as "Master Bus controller", which is polling the remote IO at a frequency of 50ms and has "basic" logics like direct mapping of Input -> Output. The trigger/action delay is not noticeable from user perspective. So it does enough for fail safe tasks.

This docker image consume something like 20% of CPU. I did first a test with a python script and modbus library, then I switched to Node-Red with basic call flows.

I have then a second layer of automation, which will focus on more user friendly interactions and complex behavior. This one will exchange trigger & status with the first one through MQTT.
I currently have running OpenHab and Home Automation for that purpose, until I decide if I will keep them.

I'm thinking about a third layer ( data storage , history , log , monitoring ) , running into a separate NAS, so I won't use the NetPi for persistent storage and reduce the amount of write into the internal flash.

This is still for testing and POC before I unplug my old ThinkIO PLC. But so far, it's going to the right direction...

Messages In This Thread
Answer - by vdupont - February-12th-2018, 01:37 PM
Answer - by Armin@netPI - February-12th-2018, 03:53 PM
Answer - by vdupont - February-12th-2018, 05:11 PM
Answer - by Armin@netPI - February-13th-2018, 09:05 AM
Answer - by Armin@netPI - February-13th-2018, 09:08 AM
Answer - by vdupont - February-16th-2018, 01:09 PM
Answer - by Armin@netPI - February-17th-2018, 10:06 AM