• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
netPI use case for House Automation
Thanks for the detailed answers Armin, I'm currently reading all the GitHub examples Smile
I'm glad that I will be able to use the 2 LAN ports as regular ethernet interface, that was my goal to have them connected to the fieldbus. I found meanwhile the example on Git btw, so pretty confident now.
Reading your explanation, I arrived to the same conclusion, I will stay with Modbus TCP.

While waiting for the NetPi, I will continue testing with my Raspi3. One of my concern to remove my old PLC, was the reactivity for simple action like Switch ( Digital Input ) -> Light ( Digital Output / Relay ). On my present setup, the PLC is connected directly to the clamp IO bus, polling every 100ms and when I touch the switch, the light turn on without noticeable delay.
I hope that I will be able to achieve this with the new setup: Switch (DI) -> ModbusTCP -> Node-Red -> ModbusTCP -> Light (DO).

Perhaps, you have see it, about Modbus ... isn't the netX51 able to load that stack too? (https://www.hilscher.com/products/produc...nxlfw-omb/). If yes, wouldn't be interesting to offload the CPU if for instance we do frequent polling?

I keep you informed once I get the NetPi Smile

Messages In This Thread
Answer - by vdupont - February-12th-2018, 01:37 PM
Answer - by Armin@netPI - February-12th-2018, 03:53 PM
Answer - by vdupont - February-12th-2018, 05:11 PM
Answer - by Armin@netPI - February-13th-2018, 09:05 AM
Answer - by Armin@netPI - February-13th-2018, 09:08 AM
Answer - by vdupont - February-16th-2018, 01:09 PM
Answer - by Armin@netPI - February-17th-2018, 10:06 AM