• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
netFIELD Compact Gateway Serial RS485 connection for application
Well Devendra,

I just can tell you right now that this forum will be closing in near future. All upcoming support questions will be handled through Hilschers standard support contact support@hilscher.com nowadays.

I am no longer involved in any support activities. Also I have never tested RS232 and RS485 communications with netFIELD Compact. So I have no knowledge about it as I had before with netPI years before.

All I can say is that the system test executed 2022 has been passed successfully at the time of the product release. So the RS485 interface must have been worked physically. Also I do not see any error in the manual and code description you are referencing.

I also see an example how to start Node-RED successfully with

Code:
docker run -d -p 1880:1880 --device=/dev/ttymxc0:/dev/ttymxc0 --group-add dialout nodered/node-red

So from a user perspective you have done everything well.

For a simple tests without Node-RED you could call in your Linux terminal to print out a simple "hello" to the /dev/ttymxc0

Code:
echo "hello" > /dev/ttymxc0

Of course you need a physical RS485 counterpart device like a RS485 to RS232 converter connected to your PC to see if this "hello" char string is coming out. This is the only check I see right now.

If not you have to contact support@hilscher.com instead.
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Messages In This Thread
RE: netFIELD Compact Gateway Serial RS485 connection for application - by Armin@netPI - February-18th-2023, 10:31 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NIOT-E-NPIX-RS485 (Rev2 module) DSongra 6 4,121 February-3rd-2022, 07:50 AM
Last Post: DSongra
  Is netPI RTE 3 and netFIELD Connect hardware 100% identical Armin@netPI 0 2,041 December-23rd-2020, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Armin@netPI