• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Analog Inputs?
What is the recommended way to get analog inputs into the NetPi?  I need perhaps 4 inputs for a small monitoring project.
Was planned 2 years ago but was canceled as project since the demand was too low.
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Thanks for the fast reply.

I understand that there may be no option card for direct input to the NetPi. But is there some other way to make data available to the NetPi for transmission to a cloud? Using IO-Link or SensorEdge or some other method? Willing to expend some DIY effort if there is a reasonable path.

One path might be via custom NPIX card but I was hoping for less effort than that...

Thanks for your consideration and any suggestions you may have as to the approach.
Connecting the coming product "sensorEDGE FIELD" to netPI over Ethernet is no problem and a thing of some minutes. sensorEDGE FIELD embeds an MQTT broker. So netPI could connect to it using an MQTT Client and gather the IO-Link data from sensorEDGE FIELD. Afterwards it can compute the datain his own local context or send it to an assigned cloud.

But since "sensorEDGE FIELD" is a powerful Edge Gateway - with 50% higher CPU power than netPI - why to use a netPI at all? sensorEDGE FIELD can be extended by own containers/software ... for example a Node-RED running inside sensorEDGE FIELD additionally. And Node-RED has immediata support for any public clouds.
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)