• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NetPI wifi access to WPA2-Enterprise
newbi question here...

I am starting to experiment with the WIFI interface of my netPI [NIOT-E-NPI3-51-EN-RE]  

From control panel, I can  successfully set it up as an access point and connect to it from other wifi clients.

However, I'd like to set it up as a wifi client on the corporate network, which has WPA2-Enterprise SSIDs that require both an id and a password.   When I select one of these SSIDs from the netPis control panel, it prompts only for shared key.    [that is, it prompts only for password, not id and password, even though it displays the SSID as type  WPA2-Enterprise [WPA2 802.1X]       

Is there a way to specify connection to this SSID?

Regards,
Mike
I have one question. I think you also have a mobile phone from Samsung or an iPhone
from Apple, right? What do you have to configure on your mobile phone in the WiFi
settings to get connected to these enterprise SSIDs?
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Hello, Armin.

Thanks for the prompt response.

Yes, on my Android phone, if I select to join to enterprise SSID, I must supply 2 pieces of informtation: ID + password.

But on NetPi, when I attempt to connect to the same network, I see a dialog box prompting only a single item: "Pre-shared key"

Thanks in advance,
-Mike
I was reading this articel about WPA Enterprise settings under Android: https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Encr...on_Android. There are several options indeed that you an setup for this type of connetion.

I am sorry to say that netPI's web UI and OS is not supporting WPA-EAP type of authentication provided by a RADIUS server in accordance with IEEE 802.1X.

The only chance you have is to remove the SD card from netPI, make a copy of the image for later use maybe with netPI OS again, and overwrite the card or get a new onw with Raspbian OS. Then you have the complete flexibility you need and can configure also 802.1X protected type of Wifi networks as described in this article https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Networ...entication

Thx
Armin
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

good information, I'll keep you posted on progress.

thank you, Armin!

-Mike

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wi-fi in Access Point mode Renato75 7 4,648 June-3rd-2022, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  NetPI WiFi through Internet DSongra 1 1,944 September-7th-2021, 07:54 AM
  netPI RTE 3: access from several comm. masters tad 3 4,024 June-3rd-2021, 12:03 PM
  Access to RTC from my own container application tad 1 3,520 March-19th-2021, 02:58 PM
  wifi MAC is changing j.langlois 3 2,710 January-26th-2021, 04:23 PM
  Bluetooth Access MGharat 10 8,534 February-25th-2020, 12:58 PM
Last Post: DSongra
Wink How to access Root Directory Rajesh3128 8 5,068 October-16th-2019, 11:19 AM
  netPI access for remote PLC confign MGharat 3 4,863 October-15th-2019, 09:12 AM
  How to access netPI? firefly 6 6,118 May-16th-2019, 02:31 AM
Last Post: firefly
  Wi-Fi access problem MGharat 3 4,942 March-12th-2019, 09:27 AM