• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB testing on NetFIELD Gateway
Dear Armin,

Good Morning.

Now I am testing Modbus RTU node on NetFIELD to take Modbus RTU based Energy Meter data in node-red using RS485 to USB converter, I have installed CH341 USB driver & verified (attachment). 

In node red Modbus node not detecting USB0, so not able to establish Modbus RTU communication between Energy Meter and NetFIELD Gateway.

Br,
Devendra

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

But your Node-RED screen shot indicates to me that you set the serial port to name "/dev/ttyUSB" ... but the real USB device is named "/dev/ttyUSB0".
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

One remark in addition We as Hilscher are not responsible for a 3rd party tool like Node-RED and especially we are not responsible for a proper function of Modbus RTU node in all details.
I see a scanning function in this node using the "magnifier" icon. I dont know if this function is working properly and if it is able to scan all the serial ports available on Linux. In my opinion you have to manually enter the serial port name.

But the fact is that under /dev/ you see the serial port available and this device should be able to be used under any application running on this Linux
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Dear Armin,

Problem is resolved, now I am able to communicate.

Reason is we have to manually write the "0" in serial port selection option, like (/dev/ttyUSB0) then it start communicating. 

Br,
Devendra

(August-31st-2021, 07:28 AM)Armin@netPI Wrote: One remark in addition We as Hilscher are not responsible for a 3rd party tool like Node-RED and especially we are not responsible for a proper function of Modbus RTU node in all details.
I see a scanning function in this node using the "magnifier" icon. I dont know if this function is working properly and if it is able to scan all the serial ports available on Linux. In my opinion you have to manually enter the serial port name.

But the fact is that under /dev/ you see the serial port available and this device should be able to be used under any application running on this Linux

Yes, I got it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  netFIELD Compact Gateway Profinet IO/ Ethernet IP communication DSongra 1 3,060 December-20th-2022, 10:34 AM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  Hilscher netFIELD device SAhire@hilscher.local 5 6,219 October-13th-2022, 12:56 PM
  On-Premise NetFIELD Gateway node-red DSongra 27 12,584 September-14th-2022, 11:48 AM
  Data Logging into On-premise Gateway DSongra 1 4,890 September-8th-2022, 02:11 PM
  NetFIELD Gateway VPN Connectivity plus Profinet IO comm. DSongra 5 8,241 June-14th-2022, 09:49 PM
Last Post: gladysretain
  MQTT Testing DSongra 4 2,037 June-7th-2022, 11:41 AM
Last Post: DSongra
  netfield onpremise V2.2 testing MGharat 13 11,954 August-30th-2021, 08:13 AM
  Software difference netIOT Connect vs netFIELD Connect HeinzeS 3 7,845 August-12th-2021, 07:52 AM
Last Post: HeinzeS
  netFIELD OS Kernel Version Irina Grinberg 7 5,104 May-3rd-2021, 12:58 PM
  netFIELD Connect SW - remote management of connected PLC MGharat 3 4,595 February-10th-2021, 01:29 PM