• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB Port Mapping
Dear Armin,

Hope you are doing well!

I am working on Modbus RTU node red in our NetPi RTE Gateway using RS485 to USB converter, but not able to mapped the USB port in node red docker container, as we have already done this successfully in last year (thread-653) I have referred this same.

I am getting error while creating the Docker Container if I add "/dev/ttyUSB0" in Devices attached screenshot for your reference.

Br,
Devendra

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Well you need to know to which physical device the USB converter is mapped to. Then you can map it right

To get out to which physical device it is mapped to take $30 consumer raspberry pi or an open netFIELD Connect gateway. Then establish a terminal connection to the used device.

In the terminal session call the command first of all

Code:
ls /dev/

This command lists all available physical devices in the OS. 

After that insert the USB converter into this device and call again

Code:
ls /dev/

You will recognize that a new device was created next to all the other existing ones. Remember this name of this new device. This device will be exactly the same device as it will be mapped in netPI later.
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Dear Armin,

I have checked, but not showing USB port info, node red created through the Docker only not from console. Please find attached screenshot.

USB converter connect and removed and connect back again try the same few times, but still same response.

Br,
Devendra

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

No I said you need to use consumer Raspberry Pi for this test or netFIELD Connect gateway. I did not say using netPI for this test! The USB test is NOT possible on netPI.

One thing to check is the syntax of your scanner onscan function. It's possible that there's an error in the code that's causing it to only display the details of the first item instead of the scanned item.
Another option is to use a lookup function to search for the scanned barcode in your database and retrieve the corresponding product details. Also, you could check alternative options like smartengines.com. I hope that helps you.
Well the point is that booting from USB on a Raspberry PI3B - which a netPI device is based on - is not trivial. It is not supported from scatch in the boot ROM and needs to be activated in the security fuses in the Pi3B GPU. See for example https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/make-raspb...-boot-usb/. The desribed method does not work with Hilschers standard netPI OS but with Raspbian OS only.

Thx
Armin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  443 port issue LucioFiam 5 2,142 November-21st-2022, 05:39 PM
Last Post: LucioFiam
  Docker exposed port don't send data on eth0 COswald 3 3,106 July-15th-2021, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  Touchscreen with DVI Port Dipro 1 2,172 March-23rd-2021, 09:46 PM
  Accessing a modbus device connected to RTE port from Node-RED tad 10 7,903 October-2nd-2020, 07:21 AM
  Receive at startup additional data through the Fieldbus Port Schranz 1 2,810 September-10th-2020, 10:55 AM
  Ethercat master mapping SteP 1 2,268 March-2nd-2020, 12:42 PM
  normal ethernet port using for Profinet MGharat 4 4,634 August-7th-2019, 10:39 AM
Last Post: hannes
  Static mapping of USB-devices deme 11 9,152 May-15th-2019, 04:02 PM
  [SOLVED] Using netPI's HDMI port Rahulsagar 2 3,922 December-14th-2018, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Rahulsagar
  [SOLVED] USB Serial device mapping into Container hannes 12 13,443 August-27th-2018, 04:50 PM