• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OPC UA server with NetPi RTE
Hello Armin,

I have installed node-red using the docker container in the netPI RTE Gateway. For the OPC UA server I am installing hilschernetpi/netpi-opcua-server container but am stuck at Volumes > Volume mapping > map volume setting. it is not showing Volume to select or edit to add "certs" volume.

I have followed the steps. (attachment 1).

Not able to set/define. (attachment 2).

Please help me to solve this issue and proceed further.

Br,
Devendra

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Well Devendra,

in your first picture you provided in your post you can see the portainer web.ui left menu now starting with "Dashboard" and ending with "Settings" ... and in between you find an item called "Volumes". You have to use this function first and create a new device internal volume named "certs". This is all. Once you have created it you are able to map to it any container you like.

Thx
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Dear Armin,

Good Morning.

Thanks for your help.

Now I am able to create an OPC UA Server docker container, I can access the compile OPC UA nodeset webpage on port 8080 as attached screenshot.

Do I need to add nodeset XML file? if yes then could you please provide me OPC UA nodeset XML file. So that I will do further testing for my application.

Br,
Devendra

Hello,

You need to read the container README at https://hub.docker.com/r/hilschernetpi/n...cua-server carefully. It says the precondition for running the OPC UA open62541 open source stack is an XML file. And this XML file needs to be created ... not from Hilscher nor from any 3rd party ... cause nobody will know the specific objects of your personal OPC UA server implementation you have in mind. The README also gives you a hint about free available XML editors enabling everybody the creation of own object models and hence outputted XML files.

I am no OPC UA expert and can't tell you indeep details about it. I just started the containerized example OPC UA reference implementation a while ago because of a personal interest to see how an implementation could work. As you know netPI is just a platform and all containerized applications I made like the Node-RED, CoDeSys, netx-programming and of course OPC UA are just samples for customers to see how such containers are created. What I wanted to say is that the example OPC UA implementation is in my eyes no 100% valid "product". Yes it is a working ... but it is sparse and does not really invite real end customers to use it. Missing part and prefection would be adding a good looking web interface instead of the simple "file upload" box.

Thx
Armin

Hello Armin,

I have installed a new Node-red Docker container (please find attached a picture container info) & also an OPC UA server installed. 

Now I am facing an issue as OPC UA Server is Not running (attached OPC UA server node).

How to start OPC UA Server please guide me further.

I have made one OPC UA Server file using WinPython software. The file is uploaded successfully, screenshot for your reference. Using this file I am able to get the data view in UA expert OPC software (Ua expert software ss).

Br,
Devendra

The https://github.com/HilscherAutomation/ne...cua-server implements the https://open62541.org/ open source stack.

This open source stack needs your personal OPC UA nodeset XML file to run. You have to generate your personal XML file and feed this XML file to your running OPC UA server using the "Choose file" function as you screen shot shows. As the container README explains a free XML file modeler is available at https://github.com/FreeOpcUa/opcua-modeler. With this tool you will be able to generate you own XML file.

Thx
Armin

In actual OPC UA Server is running in backend data also sharing in OPC UA client software, but only in node-red OPC UA Node shows not running.

please check the my above comment I have updated & added screenshot.

Br,
Devendra
Oh yes now I see. But my question is how is your OPC UA Node-RED in your configured in terms of IP address and port? This screen shot is missing.

Dear Armin,

Please find attached OPC UA Server Node configuration details screenshot.

OPC UA node version 0.2.233 (attached screenshot).

FYI IP address details for web access of this same NetPI RTE Gateway.
DHCP - 192.168.1.105
WiFi - 192.168.1.106

Br,
Devendra

Well I just can guess what the problem is.

1. My first question is have you configured next to eth0 LAN interface also wlan0 WIFI interface the same time?

2.  In your first screen shot of your post from yesterday I see the "OPC UA server container" has the internal ip address 172.17.0.2 since it is running in Docker bridged mode. So you should configure the OPC UA client node to opc.tcp://172.17.0.2:4840 instead in my opinion.

Thx
Armin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  netPI opc ua server pull image error wswitula 3 3,110 August-27th-2021, 10:47 AM
Last Post: wswitula
  REST API server data communication MGharat 2 2,441 July-21st-2021, 07:01 AM
Last Post: MGharat
  [SOLVED]DHCP server not working m-yoshikawa 24 13,619 June-11th-2021, 07:04 AM
Last Post: tad
  how to pick up PROFINET data and store them to OPC UA server on Node-RED/netPI. tad 7 5,571 March-16th-2020, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  PM - develope OPC UA Server using the Codesys Lingyue 5 3,996 January-17th-2020, 11:12 AM
  New Container example "OPC UA server" Armin@netPI 0 2,465 April-12th-2019, 11:51 AM
  [INFO]Docker DNS server Armin@netPI 0 1,780 March-7th-2019, 09:02 AM
  [SOLVED] Use netPi as a FTP server martech 1 2,805 October-18th-2018, 09:07 AM
  [SOLVED] MySQL Container / Server in another Container? paubau 2 2,842 September-5th-2018, 08:00 AM
Last Post: paubau
  netPI as USB-Device-Server based on raspbian FrankJacob 26 15,559 July-5th-2018, 10:13 AM