• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rolling Back Firmware
I need to rollback a netPI from firmware version V1.2.2.0 to V1.2.0.0 is this possible? The only documentation I found in this regard is for the netCONNECT (screenshot below).

[Image: jeditor_file_provider?imgId=ckupload2021...Notice.png]
To be honest I have never done this before. But since you stay with your netPI in the same main version from V1.2xx to V1.2xx I see basically no problem in doing so. The manual of netFIELD Connect gateway describes a change in the main version step from 2.xxx back to 1.xxx and this could bring up issues.

Nethertheless just try it ... the update procedure would tell you if it is not executing.

May I ask why you want to get back to and older version? The changes between 1.2.2.0 and 1.2.0.0 are really minor.
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

(May-26th-2021, 02:20 PM)Armin@netPI Wrote: To be honest I have never done this before. But since you stay with your netPI in the same main version from V1.2xx to V1.2xx I see basically no problem in doing so. The manual of netFIELD Connect gateway describes a change in the main version step from 2.xxx back to 1.xxx and this could bring up issues.

Nethertheless just try it ... the update procedure would tell you if it is not executing.

May I ask why you want to get back to and older version? The changes between 1.2.2.0 and 1.2.0.0 are really minor.

Hi Armin,

Thank you for your quick response! We have a customer who have been running their application under 1.2.0.0, and they purchased more devices and don't want any surprises until they can test their application with newer versions. I will be sure to pass on that there aren't many changes between those version to the customer. Thank you again for all your help.

Thanks,
Shahin Shahsavarani
Yes in general hilscher delivers the latest software pre-loaded on the devices shortly after the day of the release. So the latest version is 1.2.2.0.
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SOLVED] How to update firmware philippbruhin.ch 12 9,102 July-16th-2019, 11:20 AM
Last Post: patrick