• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NetPi RTE update to Version 1.2.2.0
Hello,

I tried to update NetPi RTE from version 1.2.0.0 to version 1.2.2.0, but it is not updating. I have tried 5 to 6 times also change Pendrive, but still same issue.

Thanks in advance.

Br,
Devendra
Easy answer: 

* your USB stick is not compatible with Raspberry PI CPU
* you did not format the USB stick in FAT32 format
* you did not name the USB stick "RECOVERY"

All explained on the FAQ page https://www.netiot.com/?id=2427
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Hello, 

Now Firmware is updated. Thanks for your support.

Br,
Devendra

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello,

After updating firmware version 1.2.2.0 netPi RTE Gateway showing SYS LED (Green & Yellow blinking). But still I can access the Gateway control panel and docker web UI interface. 

What is the issue? I did two times factory reset Gateway.

Br,
Devendra
Hello,

the SYS LED is conrolled by the netX 51 network controller chip that is onboard on netPI RTE version.

This LED is not triggerd by the main CPU or Linux or Docker.

A flashing SYS LED mean for all netX chips from Hilscher since 20 years ... that the netX chip is not loaded with any firmware and is in bootloader mode.

So you have to load a Docker application to your netPI that takes control of the netX chip and loads a firmware into the chip.

Thx
Armin

Hello Armin,

Thanks for information, after netx Ethernet Lan docker container start, SYS LED is now Green Steady.

Br,
Devendra
Yes sir. This is what I expected.

I do not believe that the update to 1.2.2.0 was the root cause of this LED flashing yellow/green. The update itself never touches the netX chip, it just upates the Linux software of netPI only.

The only reason I can imagine gettting a netX into this bootloader mode is a depowering of netPI while a firmware download was in progress or the Docker container was starting that triggers a firmware load. In this case the firmware loading procedure is unfinished and let remain an unverified firmware code in netX FLASH memory. This is detected by netX during the next power cycle and it will remain in bootloader mode.

Thx

Hello Armin,

I have switsched to this thread, because it's mayby more common, as I thougth in the first moment.

I have found a UBS-Stick that is recognized by the system fast enough to boot from the stick.

But after start to boot from the USB-Stick the loader is throwing a "Hash integrity Failure" for key-db. And after this, the bootloader makes a fallback to the normal system.

Is something missing in the image I'ved downloaded from the website?

https://www.netiot.com/netpi/industrial-raspberry-pi-3/

CU later!

Carsten
This error "hash integrity error" reports to us that the hash value for the "kernel7.img" file found on the stick is not ok and not the value expected ... means the file is not ok. I usually do it in the very same manner like you do it. Loading the zip and unzipping it directly onto the USB stick drive in one shot. What I never do is something like unzipping it to a Windows hard disk for example temporarily and then copying it from there onto the USB stick in two steps.

On one hand this could mean that the zip file downloaded from the netPI page is corrupt ... but then the unzipper would have recognized it, or the file we zipped and put online was corrupt before we zipped it or finally the file on the USB stick got corrupt while unpacking it from the zip and putting on the USB.

One thing I can immediatly verify tomorrow when I am back in the office. I can try updating my personal netPI RTE 3 in the office with the very same package from here https://www.netiot.com/netpi/industrial-raspberry-pi-3/ and give report if it works fine. I would wonder it the file would be correct cause I know many from threads in this forum haveing updated their devices already successfully.

Thx

(February-22nd-2021, 12:35 PM)Armin@netPI Wrote: This error "hash integrity error" reports to us that the hash value for the "kernel7.img" file found on the stick is not ok and not the value expected ... means the file is not ok. I usually do it in the very same manner like you do it. Loading the zip and unzipping it directly onto the USB stick drive in one shot. What I never do is something like unzipping it to a Windows hard disk for example temporarily and then copying it from there onto the USB stick in two steps.

Hello Armin,

I have copied the ZIP-file to the USB-Stick and unzipped it directly there. Unfortunately without change. 

I have also downloaded the archive a second time. Same behaviour.

So I cross my fingers, that you will find something tomorrow.

CU again here,

Carsten

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a new version of netPI in planning? alko@focus-ia.de 3 2,842 October-27th-2020, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Armin@netPI