• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NIOT-E-NPI3-EN Excessive CPU Usage
Hello Armin,
Yes, I agree this is a bit confusing. The boot sequence between the good unit and malfunctioning unit seems to be identical. I cannot detect any difference in the boot sequence, at least what I'm able to see.

I'm beginning to see your thinking regarding a possible issue with the hardware side. Both units should be identical in that the firmware update to the malfunctioning unit should have set all the network setting s back to factory default, including enabling the DHCP server, which does not seem to be happening because I cannot seem to get an assigned IP address to my adapters from this unit.

Just for double checking sake, I ran the firmware restore one more time today and tried to capture as much of the screen information as I was able, and based on what I saw and captured, the unit seems to be booting and using the recovery software properly. I have included a small ZIP file with some pictures of the booting and recovery process for your reference.

If you still feel the unit is not recoverable from the field, can you please let me know how I can go about sending the unit back for repair or exchange? We still require a second operational unit for testing of the new software product.

Thank you for your continued assistance.
Mark

PS. We are having Thanksgiving holiday in the US until next Monday. So please do not mistake my lack of response as abandoning this thread. I will get back with you as soon as I return to the office on Monday.

Attached Files
.zip   Unit B0E4D FW Update Screens.zip (Size: 703.74 KB / Downloads: 1)
Yes saw the sequence and the unit is indeed updating. So it then can only be the hardware that doesn't work.

I suppose you got the unit through Hilscher US, right? I don't know how they treat the return of defective units overseas ... here in germany we have RMA tickets ... but in the US this may be different. The contact information/person should be found on this site https://www.na.hilscher.com/

I am sorry for this inconvenience with the product. This is the first time I see a unit not working like this to be honest.
Thx
Armin
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

(November-25th-2020, 07:35 AM)Armin@netPI Wrote: Yes saw the sequence and the unit is indeed updating. So it then can only be the hardware that doesn't work.

I suppose you got the unit through Hilscher US, right? I don't know how they treat the return of defective units overseas ... here in germany we have RMA tickets ... but in the US this may be different. The contact information/person should be found on this site https://www.na.hilscher.com/

I am sorry for this inconvenience with the product. This is the first time I see a unit not working like this to be honest.
Thx
Armin

Thank you for all you assistance Armin. I guess this may be a case for Occam's Razor principle. I will contact the US representative and get the unit sent back in. Normally I would ask to know what you find, but I have no idea who will eventually receive the unit back. But in case you do get the chance to find out what was wrong, please feel free to email me with the prognosis at mark.sippel@balluff.com.

Thank you again,
Mark
Usually Hilscher US is getting in touch with me by remote session first in suspisious cases before they are sending units back to germany. First try will be for sure still a USB recovery to see what happens.

I will keep you informed.

Thx
Armi
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NIOT-E-TPI51-EN-RE Firmware 1.2.2.0 not functional COswald 3 3,264 February-4th-2022, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  NPIX expansion module NIOT-E-NPIX-4DI4DO 3D drawing Armin@netPI 0 2,018 April-20th-2020, 05:49 AM
Wink SD card on NIOT-E-NPI3-51-EN-RE Lingyue 3 4,221 March-6th-2020, 07:34 AM
Last Post: Lingyue
  NIOT-E-NPIX-EVA EPROM milesie 1 2,466 February-24th-2020, 06:32 PM
  NIOT-E-NPIX-RCAN availability andreash 4 4,366 April-26th-2019, 01:25 PM