• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TOSIBOX enables netPI remote access from anywhere
TOSIBOX® Lock for Container helps to bring secure connectivity inside your industrial IoT devices. It is a software-only way of connecting your netPI controller and other devices to your TOSIBOX® network, serving as the endpoint for secure remote connections.

[Image: How-it-works_LFC_ENG_200918_transparent-1600x584.png]

Click here to learn more about TOSIBOX® Lock for container.

Any questions? Feel free to contact our Sales for any further information.
Hello,
is it possible to use the serial NPIX from the Tosibox Container.
I want to establish a connection from the service PC to the PLC at the costumers shopfloor.

Looking forward your reply,

Carsten
Well,

the TOSIBOX container comes as it is and cannot be extended by further software or customized. It just works stand alone.

Here is what the container does: it just makes the whole IP address range that is available on a netPI available on the remote machine. It can be compared like a VPN tunnel. So all your applications you want to get access to need to be IP address based.

If you have enabled it in a post configuration over the TOSIBOX web UI you can access all the IP adresses that are available on netPI's eth0 Ethernet port for example. Or you can access all the IP addresses of other containers that are deployed on a netPI too. Since TOSIBOX is basically just doing IP address routing as only task it has no and needs no access to other hardware relevant interfaces like the /dev/ttyS0 interface.

If you need access to the serial port, then you have to write your own container and deloy it that makes the serial port available over a TCP/IP port for example or over a UDP port. Then you can send data from your remote machine to this second container over its IP address which forwards then the data to the serial port and back.

Thx
Armin
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Here I want to share a thread were I shared my experience with Tosibox: https://forum.hilscher.com/Thread-Siemen...-netPI-VPN
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SOLVED] Storing data on a (remote) database MGharat 20 21,097 June-13th-2022, 03:05 PM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  Secomea Remote Acccess ballesj 1 7,600 May-15th-2018, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Armin@netPI