• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Problem with WIFI connection
Hi.

I have been having issues with the Wifi. I have enabled the wifi in client mode and it is to receive the ip address and dns server automatically. As per viewed in the Control panel, the netpi has already receive the ip address and dns server but it still can't connect to the internet. The only way i could connect to the internet is when i share my laptop wifi to the ethernet port.

Also, i tried with a phone hotspot. The netpi is able to connect to the hotspot but unable to connect to the internet.

Any suggestion on what should i check?

I've updated the firmware to version V1.2.0.0.

Also, i'm located in Malaysia. Would that affect the device connection?
The problem is well known.

You cannot have two gateway addresses active at the same time on LAN settings and Wifi settings. Cause if LAN and Wifi settings DHCP server both are givin a netPI each a gateway address ... netPI does not know the preferred path to connect the internet.

So the solution is to switch LAN settings to manual setting and to enter the same IP address and Subnet mask as received by DHCP server but this time without a gateway address setting. So in this case Wifi is delivering the preferred gateway and internet connection.

See here a thread with the very same problem https://forum.hilscher.com/Thread-Wi-Fi-access-problem

Thx
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Thank you very much. This solved my issue. Does the same solution applies to NIOT-E-TPI-51-EN-RE?
Yes it has the very same Edge Gateway Manager software running as netPI. The same dialog for LAN and Wifi settings.
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

(August-5th-2019, 02:50 PM)Armin@netPI Wrote: Yes it has the very same Edge Gateway Manager software running as netPI. The same dialog for LAN and Wifi settings.

This saved my day. Thank you very much.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  netPI core wifi connection MGharat 1 2,352 February-5th-2021, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  [SOLVED] Lost physical fieldbus connection Whatzittoya13 10 6,581 August-5th-2019, 09:44 PM
  [SOLVED] Memory storage MGharat 1 2,135 April-2nd-2019, 05:32 AM
  [SOLVED] Pin configuration Akhil 7 4,754 December-13th-2018, 07:30 AM
  [SOLVED] Information for pin connector Justin 9 6,681 November-12th-2018, 09:25 AM
Photo [SOLVED] netPI Access Problem Rahulsagar 5 5,020 October-18th-2018, 12:05 PM