• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] WebConfig netpi-nodered-fieldbus
Hello,

I’ve installed «netpi-nodered-fieldbus» on my docker, but I have two problems now:
1.)   There are no “fieldbus” nodes in my nodeRED editor.
2.)   I can’t access the webconfig page for fieldbus on Port 9000. I always get the Error “cannot GET /”.

According to the container log, the WebConfigurator has been started.

Over the last few hours I tried several things, but nothing changed.

Thank you in advance and kind regards
Hans Dieter
Well, I looked to the corresponding source code on github and I see that we have changed the fieldbus container source code 3 month ago. So there is nothing I would say that has been changed recently.

Today the Docker Hub web site is down because of maintenance till tonight. I received an email from the, So I am not able to pull the image to check it with my netPI right now.

Are you sure you have a netPI RTE 3 and not a netPI CORE 3?

So you have detected that the container logs can be viewed in netPI's portainer.io web GUI. So is it possible to post your log here so that I can have a look to it until Docker Hub is up and running again?

Thx
Armin
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

According to her status page I think it should be possible to pull images during the maintenance.
https://success.docker.com/article/docker-hub-maintenance

Model Name : NIOT-E-NPI3-51-EN-RE
Firmware Version: V1.1.0.0

Log:
Code:
netPI RTE 3 detected
Starting node-red...                              Ok
Starting WebConfigurator...                       Ok
netPI RTE 3 detected
netPI RTE 3 detected
The log looks perfect. So your netPI is ok.

I tried to pull the image myself just a minute ago. It failed.

I will keep trying. Need to look to the container myself.

I keep you informed

Pulling now works again here.

Nice. Thanks for your effort Shy
Hello Hans-Dieter,

I can confirm. I don't see fieldus nodes either on my netPI.

What I see is that the container uses node-red in the version v0.20.5. To be honest, I have never checked the build process since a while and the last time I did my tests was with the node-red v0.18.x pretty sure.

The problem lies in the Dockerfile responsible for the container build process. The line

Code:
npm install -g --unsafe-perm node-red

will install and use always the very latest version of node-red and I think this is the root cause of the problem.

This issue needs further investigations. Will take a while.

Make sense. I think today is now to late for further experiments, but tomorrow i can try a few more things.

What do you think? Is there a change to get it work when uninstall the current node-red version and install the old version instead? 

I think this should not be a big deal to do via the portainer.io webgui, but i don't know if i perhabs have to run some of the other installation from the docker file again after the replacement.

Thanks allot for all your investigation this evening!
well, I can start my deep investigations on monday first, not before.

node-red 0.20.x is out since 19'th or march. Since our container is rebuild on Docker Hub only in case its linux base image has been changed it could easily be april/may till a recompilation will bring up those incompatibilities we have detected now.

The fieldbus container has no ssh installed so doing something from remote will be difficult. But you have detected the embedded web console...

To install another version of node-red just call

Code:
npm install -g --unsafe-perm node-red@0.19.6

or 0.18.7 for the latest 18'th version.

The embedded console will be stopping to work on 1 minute idle unfortunately. We have a netPI software version v1.1.6.0 in work where this is corrected by the way.

If you want to post install ssh which makes life easier call (remember to map port 22 additionally next to 1880 and 9000 which requires to reload the container first of all)

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install -y openssh-server
echo 'root:root' | chpasswd
sed -i 's/#PermitRootLogin prohibit-password/PermitRootLogin yes/' /etc/ssh/sshd_config
sed 's@session\s*required\s*pam_loginuid.so@session optional pam_loginuid.so@g' -i /etc/pam.d/sshd
mkdir /var/run/sshd

and edit the start script /etc/init.d/entrypoint and insert the following time whereever you want

Code:
/etc/init.d/ssh start &

restart the container then.

Hello Hans-Dieter,

I can confirm that the two fieldbus nodes work with Node-RED versions 0.18.7 and 0.19.6 but not with latest version 0.20.5.

I changed the source code of the container just a minute ago to let it use the version 0.19.6 and to get back a stable container for the people until I have investigated in all details what is the root cause of the problem.

Docker Hub will recognize my source code change and will start to recompile the container. This will take a while. So please be patient and wait for a new tag.

Thx
Armin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  https certificate issues in new nodered docker image Dipro 1 1,662 May-4th-2022, 05:46 AM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  HTTP Request using Nodered DSongra 6 3,408 August-20th-2021, 11:44 AM
  2 MAC addresses for fieldbus RJ45 ports tad 2 2,102 March-11th-2021, 01:17 PM
Last Post: tad
  Internet on the fieldbus-side COswald 21 9,089 March-1st-2021, 07:41 AM
Last Post: COswald
  NPIX-4DI4DO and NetPi-Nodered container issues alhammi 4 7,584 November-16th-2020, 01:35 PM
Last Post: alhammi
  NodeRed and EtherCAT Schranz 3 6,056 September-23rd-2020, 08:01 AM
  Receive at startup additional data through the Fieldbus Port Schranz 1 2,812 September-10th-2020, 10:55 AM
  Fieldbus Ports not working Schoko 13 8,526 June-29th-2020, 09:43 PM
  [SOLVED] netPI with Raspbian Desktop firefly 8 5,656 November-28th-2019, 06:01 PM
  [SOLVED] activate LED1/2 with Node-RED + fieldbus nodes container Christian_Rau 6 4,660 October-21st-2019, 10:30 AM