• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fieldbus in error
Seldom I do have an error on the 'filedbus in' node. In the node properties I see followings:
!Last Error '536871682'
!Description 'Function ReadSignal already running!

What does it mean?
How can I get rid of it?

Any help is appreciated.
No, I did not update the system image. Also I did not update the fiedbus container. Thank you for the information. I will update both.

Would you have more information of the error 'Function ReadSignal already running!'. I am really concerned about sincle it happened only twice during the last two month. Is it a known issue with the software I am using currently.
Firmware version v0.9.1.0
HILSCHERNETPI_NODERED_FB_VERSION 1.0.0.1
No it is not a known issue.

I don't have any similar informations received from others about such an error, nor I have received informations about a similar error from our test center.

The point is that only the latest version of fieldbus node is maintained in source code. So if the error happens with the new version too then we can debug for it. This is why I recommend to update to it.

Can you tell me if you see this error after a specific action? Is it when you start a container, or does it happen during runtime spontaneously?

Armin
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

It happens during runtime spontaneously. What I noticed is that at the same time all the fieldbus out nodes are still green and all the fieldbus in nodes have the same errror.
Ok got your point.

One more question when this error happens ... is it enough to deploy the Node-RED flow after the error happened to recover from this situation. Or do you need to start/stop the whole Docker container? Or do you need to repower the device?

Sorry for not coming back earlier. I had to wait to get a service window.

This is what I did:

1. I clicked 'Clear Error' in the mask 'Edit fieldbus in node'
The text underneath the fieldbus in node changed from 'Error' to 'Error cleared'.

2. Deploy Node-RED flow
The text underneath the fieldbus in node changed from 'Error cleared' to 'Device Error'.

3. Restart Docker under Services\Service List
Cannot access Node-Red any more. LED ERR NS solid red

4. Restart under System\Reboot
Everything working again. The text underneath the fieldbus in node reads 'Communicating'.

I do have two netPI RTE 3, one attached to a simulator, another one in production.
The one attached on the simulator runs now with the latest system software and latest Docker Container. If it survives the weekend, I will upgrade the one in production as well.

Could I enable some tracing to be able to track back if an error occurs.
fieldbusSettings.json traceLevel, ... ?
Two things I need to ask

1.) We have a new system image for netPI offered since three weeks. Have you updated it already on your netPI? You find it in the download section. With this new image you no longer specify the fieldbus network protocol in Node-RED, but in an environment variable "FIELD" when the container is started
2.) Along with this image, we have updated the fieldbus container container "hilschernetpi/netpi-nodered-fieldbus" and update to a new version of fieldbus nodes. The nodes function remain the same except that you have no option any more to download the fieldbus protocol ... cause it is done now outside Node-RED.

The fieldbus nodes of the new version are the latest version we are using also in our other gateways we sell. Can you upgrade both, the system software and also use the new Docker Container please. Do not forget to export your current Node-Red flow using the copy clipboard function of Node-Red and insert it into the upgraded netPI.

Please then watch again if the error still happens.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Initial Setup of Control Panel with admin + admin thorws error Michi 4 2,707 January-28th-2022, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Michi
  cannot execute file: Exec format error - NETPI tuliosouza 1 1,736 January-13th-2022, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  netPI opc ua server pull image error wswitula 3 3,108 August-27th-2021, 10:47 AM
Last Post: wswitula
  2 MAC addresses for fieldbus RJ45 ports tad 2 2,101 March-11th-2021, 01:17 PM
Last Post: tad
  Internet on the fieldbus-side COswald 21 9,086 March-1st-2021, 07:41 AM
Last Post: COswald
  HilscherAutomation / netPI-bluetooth entrypoint.sh error bbaskii 6 4,176 September-14th-2020, 04:42 PM
Last Post: bbaskii
  Receive at startup additional data through the Fieldbus Port Schranz 1 2,810 September-10th-2020, 10:55 AM
  Fieldbus Ports not working Schoko 13 8,520 June-29th-2020, 09:43 PM
  Error when using a node 'OpcUaServer' tad 6 5,054 May-12th-2020, 08:35 AM
Last Post: tad
  [SOLVED] activate LED1/2 with Node-RED + fieldbus nodes container Christian_Rau 6 4,658 October-21st-2019, 10:30 AM