• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straton Laufzeitumgebung von CopaData
Ist die straton Laufzeitumgebung von CopaData sicher auf dem netPi unter Docker nutzbar?

https://www.straton-plc.com/en/news/succ...raspberry/
Yes we see no problem in applying the Straton Soft PLC on netPI. I can compare it with the CODESYS implementation which we made an example Docker Container already for. We feel that the new incoming product netPI CORE 3 could be best type of netPI model to fit for this software.

What is needed to deploy this software is a Docker container hosting the raspbian OS only.
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

In addition .. may I ask what you mean with "sicher"?

I checked he STRATON Raspberry runtime from straton for Raspberry myself running in our example Docker Container "Raspbian" from here.

You have to recognize that the STRATON Editor talks to the raspberry runtime across port TCP 1100. This is why you have to expose this port additionally when you start the Raspbian Container (or in best case you map the whole netPI host network into the container). Afterwards I copied the files of the zip file into the container and started the runtime using "sudo ./t5pi91". Then I created a simple STRATON project in the Editor, entered the IP address of netPI and went online. It works as on a standard Raspberry Pi.

What I did not check during my short test was running network communications across netPI's LAN network interface such as PROFINET IO or Modbus TCP or similar.

Meanwhile we have created a Docker example container for immediate use to run straton soft PLC for Raspberry on netPI. Find the container and description how to deploy it here: https://hub.docker.com/r/hilschernetpi/n...n-softplc/