• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting two LAN network segments
Which version of netPI do you use? I suppose you are using netPI CORE 3 (NIOT-E-NPI3-EN) with 1 single Ethernet port?

With option netPI RTE 3 (NIOT-E-NPI3-51-EN-RE) you have two additional ethernet ports. These two ethernet ports are usually used for Real-Time Ethernet communication in network such as PROIFINET, EtherNet/IP or EtherCAT. This feature is provided by the additional netX controller chip that is part of netPI RTE 3. This netX chip can also support standard TCP/IP.

But you need to program this Chip extra using a special Docker image https://hub.docker.com/r/hilschernetpi/n...hernet-lan. This Docker image transfers the netX chip into a standard LAN chip. But netX chip is slower on TCP/IP traffic than a normal LAN controller chip. So please read the README of the Docker image under the provided link for more details.

With WLAN I feel it is not always stable for long term communications. I would prefer cable based communications in all cases. The Wifi connection is more for service and maintenance for a short period of time.

Thx
Armin
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Messages In This Thread
Connecting two LAN network segments - by Lingyue - September-5th-2019, 04:19 PM
Connecting two LAN network segments - by Armin@netPI - September-5th-2019, 04:27 PM
RE: Connecting two LAN network segments - by Armin@netPI - September-9th-2019, 07:45 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  netPI not found in network, unable to ping FLorenz 1 3,133 December-13th-2022, 11:40 PM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  connecting Mitsubishi via RS485 COswald 11 7,957 January-14th-2020, 10:58 AM
  Provide PCI slots to install additional network interfaces LIDONG 3 7,198 July-11th-2018, 06:23 AM