• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RTE3 Use real time ethernet as "normal" ethernet interface
Okay, now I know what my problem was. I've missunderstood the description at the paragraph "Servicing the interface is only possible in the container it was created. It is not available to the Docker host or to any other containers started." I read it as if the whole interface was not available in other containers. That's the whole reason why I've tried to make a mysql-server work in the same container as the interface is hosted in.   Blush

Now I got it working, thanks! I can connect from eth0 and cifx0 to the mysql-database.

The problem I am facing now is that the netPi starts to freeze when the "netpi-netx-ethernet-lan"-container is active. Sometimes right at the start, sometimes it works for a short while and than it freezes. At the moment I am trying to figure out, what the problem might be. I have a feeling, that it only freezes, when another container runs at "host"-network as well. I will supply you with more info, when available.

Another problem, I was facing is configuring the interface to run in dhcp mode. I have configured the infterface-file "/etc/network/interfaces.d/cifx0" to look like this:
Code:
auto cifx0
allow-hotplug cifx0
iface cifx0 inet dhcp

But when I first started the container, the following error message occured:

Code:
Configuring network interfaces...failed.
ifup: failed to bring up cifx0
No DHCP client software found!

Afterwards, I installed a dhcp-client using this command:

Code:
apt-get install isc-dhcp-client

Now dhcp is basically working, an ip-adress, subnet mask and gateway were successfully retrieved. The only problem now is that it could not resolve the DNS-servers of our network but I don't really need that anyways.

Do you want to add the dhcp-client to your image? Otherwise I would build my own.

Regards,
Andi

Messages In This Thread
RE: RTE3 Use real time ethernet as "normal" ethernet interface - by Andi - March-28th-2019, 05:01 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  activate Ethernet cifx0 Christian_Rau 3 2,638 March-26th-2021, 05:28 AM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  Web browser reports "insecure connection" when accessing netPI for the first time Armin@netPI 2 2,863 January-31st-2020, 07:07 AM
  Profinet Startup Time Schranz 3 3,538 November-18th-2019, 03:22 PM
  normal ethernet port using for Profinet MGharat 4 4,794 August-7th-2019, 10:39 AM
Last Post: hannes
  Launching multi-containers at a time - Docker stacks Armin@netPI 0 1,918 June-4th-2019, 04:11 PM
  niot-e-npi3-51-en (RS485 <-> Industrial Ethernet) merklethomas 6 4,957 April-26th-2019, 01:38 PM
  Modbus TCP Connection via RTE Ethernet Ports Flo_Lo 18 11,853 April-15th-2019, 09:50 PM
  USB/Ethernet adapter slos 4 3,886 April-8th-2019, 09:11 AM
Last Post: slos
  [SOLVED] Use netX interface as profinet controller jromero248 2 3,222 January-10th-2019, 12:30 PM
Last Post: jromero248
  IP Realtime Ethernet michu252 7 4,995 August-21st-2018, 10:41 AM