• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On-Premise NetFIELD Gateway node-red
Hello Armin,

Since today morning also the same issue I am facing, it is not been able to log on netFIELD.IO portal, it is very urgent I have to complete this setup for the Exhibition demo kit. 

Please help me with what should I do.

Br,
Devendra
Hello Devendra,

I can't do much. I am faced with the same problem with my account too. The complete netfield.io portal is down. This is a microsoft azure cloud problem as we had it yesterday. It is indeed the first time that I personally saw our cloud system having such a problem. We have to wait till monday if it comes to cloud necessity for your project. Sorry.

But what is the final application/project you want to realize by the way. The only thing I have heard was that you what to put PROFINET function onto the OnPremise gateway, right?

Armin
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

I see the portal is working again.

I have also detected that the official www.netfield.io portal does not include the necessary "netFIELD App PROFINET Device" that you need to deploy on your OnPremise gateway. I see the test version of this container only available on our training server which is available on www.training.netfield.io.

So you need to apply for a training account first to get access to this container software

Thx
Armin

Hello Armin,

Good Morning.

Yes, correct, basically I just want to Communicate our On-premise Gateway with Siemens S7-1200 PLC over Profinet IO communication to read the Weighscale data and make the database using InfluxDB with Grafana Dashboard and as well as send data to the IBM cloud. it will be good if you can suggest to me something which will be more effective for this setup to showcase.

Now I am able to the onboard on-premise gateway, I checked "NetFIELD App Profinet Device" but there is no such container (as you already informed). 

Br,
Devendra
Hello Armin,

Thanks, Now I am able to the onboard device on the training.netfield.io portal, but in device navigation, there is no showing Containers option to install the Profinet IO Device container. attached screenshot for your reference.

Br,
Devendra

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Oh I see. This is not normal. I think there are rights missing in your training account. I will be in touch with the DevOp.

Devendra, you have all permissions you need. You just need to refresh the web page.

Dear Armin,

Thanks a lot, now I am able to perform Profinet configuration into the gateway, but getting one error GSDML file "Failed to download" you can see the attached screenshot.

Br,
Devendra

Well I received the info from the development team, that this problem is already known and will be fixed in the next version. As I told you it is a test version.

But I have a tip for you how to generate it yourself. In the PROFINET app go to the "GSDML file viewer" and mark the whole text with your mouse and paste it to a text editor and save the file as "GSDML-V2.35-HILSCHER-NIOT-E-TIJCX-GB-RE-20201124.gsml" and then you have generated your own copy of the file instead.

Hello Armin,

Good Afternoon.

I tried the same as you suggested just copy and paste and save the file with the name but after this process PLC gave an error for the GSDML file attached is screenshot for your reference (attachment TIA Portal).

Br,
Devendra

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  netFIELD Compact Gateway Profinet IO/ Ethernet IP communication DSongra 1 3,069 December-20th-2022, 10:34 AM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  Hilscher netFIELD device SAhire@hilscher.local 5 6,234 October-13th-2022, 12:56 PM
  Data Logging into On-premise Gateway DSongra 1 4,901 September-8th-2022, 02:11 PM
  NetFIELD Gateway VPN Connectivity plus Profinet IO comm. DSongra 5 8,257 June-14th-2022, 09:49 PM
Last Post: gladysretain
  USB testing on NetFIELD Gateway DSongra 3 8,106 August-31st-2021, 07:42 AM
Last Post: DSongra
  netfield onpremise V2.2 testing MGharat 13 12,002 August-30th-2021, 08:13 AM
  Software difference netIOT Connect vs netFIELD Connect HeinzeS 3 7,859 August-12th-2021, 07:52 AM
Last Post: HeinzeS
  netFIELD OS Kernel Version Irina Grinberg 7 5,115 May-3rd-2021, 12:58 PM
  netFIELD Connect SW - remote management of connected PLC MGharat 3 4,605 February-10th-2021, 01:29 PM
  Can a netPI RTE 3 be turned into a netFIELD Connect Armin@netPI 0 2,532 December-23rd-2020, 09:24 AM