• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On-Premise NetFIELD Gateway node-red
Dear Armin,

Hope you are doing good.

I just started testing on a new fresh NetFILED On-premise gateway (NIOT-E-TIJCX-GB-RE/NFLD). but facing one issue not being able to run the node-red docker container, getting an error, please find attached the node-red docker log file.

Node-red container steps follow as per mentioned on this website - https://hub.docker.com/r/hilschernetpi/n...d-fieldbus

NIOT-E-TIJCX-GB-RE/NFLD - Software version - netFILED 2.3.0.0
Docker portainer.io version - 2.14.2

On Portainer mains screen shows container is running attached screenshot for reference.

So is there any other way to install node-red into the on-Premise gateway, please suggest.

Br,
Devendra

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.txt   _nodered_logs (1).txt (Size: 1.21 KB / Downloads: 0)
Well the OnPremise device is of type x86 architecture. The container you want to load to this machine was made 5 years ago for Hilscher's netPI device which is of type ARM processor. An x86 device can't run ARM code so starting this container will fail for sure.

You can deploy and run a Node-RED basic container from the very official Node-RED Docker repository maintained by the Node-RED development team from here https://hub.docker.com/r/nodered/node-red

Thx
Armin
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Hello Armin,

Good Morning.

Thanks,  I am able to install the node-red container with your help.

Now I want to activate netX for Profinet connectivity, I have followed the common steps for PNS but it's not got successfully. what are the steps next I have to follow?

Br,
Devendra
Well Devendra,

devices of type netFIELD are handling process data such as fieldbus data totally differently than netIOT devices years before. I agree that a manually installed Node-RED can be used too on the devices of course, but in general with netFIELD devices data is transported across a central MQTT message broker and then distributed from there "to the world" .

This in turn has also the advantage that once data is known in the central MQTT message broker that it can be transmitted to multiple clients at a time or even better to Node-RED also which supports a MQTT client node by default. This gives the netFIELD devices more flexibility than we ever had with our "old" netIOT devices that rely on Node-RED only.

For a correct setup you need to onboard your device to a netFIELD Cloud account first. From there you deploy the container "mosquitto" as central MQTT message broker to your device from the list of available containers. Did you get managed this?

Thx
Armin

Dear Armin,

Ok, Thanks. 

I hope I can use netFILED cloud services for free for this setup.

Br,
Devendra
Well Devendra,

it is correct that customers have to subscribe to netFIELD Cloud services officially and to one of the three available billing schemes.

New will be by end of the 4'th quarter that we gonna be offering to customers the submission for a free 6 weeks trial account under www.netfield.io. Till then one can only apply for a regular account of type "essential" for a certain amount of time and we will be closing it manually. But I think an account for Hilscher subsidiaries will be for free.

Thx
Armin

Dear Armin,

Good Morning.

I tried to log in on the netFIELD.IO portal but was not able to log in getting login issues, please find attached a screenshot. I have reset the password and login again but still the same issue.

Br,
Devendra

I have the same. netFIELD Server is down at the moment. Team is looking for the problem. It seems our platform provider is causing the problem.

Hello Armin,

We are now able to log on to the netFIELD.Io portal, but are not able to onboard the on-premise gateway, it is giving the below error. is this still server related issue? as attached screenshot.

Br,
Devendra

Well, this is not how it works to onboard a netFIELD device manually. It does over the "Avanced Menu" only.

You have to read the onboarding chapter in the netFIELD devices manuals. It is the same procedure for all devices, so it doesn't matter which manual you use.

Thx
Armin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  netFIELD Compact Gateway Profinet IO/ Ethernet IP communication DSongra 1 3,063 December-20th-2022, 10:34 AM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  Hilscher netFIELD device SAhire@hilscher.local 5 6,225 October-13th-2022, 12:56 PM
  Data Logging into On-premise Gateway DSongra 1 4,895 September-8th-2022, 02:11 PM
  NetFIELD Gateway VPN Connectivity plus Profinet IO comm. DSongra 5 8,247 June-14th-2022, 09:49 PM
Last Post: gladysretain
  USB testing on NetFIELD Gateway DSongra 3 8,099 August-31st-2021, 07:42 AM
Last Post: DSongra
  netfield onpremise V2.2 testing MGharat 13 11,960 August-30th-2021, 08:13 AM
  Software difference netIOT Connect vs netFIELD Connect HeinzeS 3 7,850 August-12th-2021, 07:52 AM
Last Post: HeinzeS
  netFIELD OS Kernel Version Irina Grinberg 7 5,106 May-3rd-2021, 12:58 PM
  netFIELD Connect SW - remote management of connected PLC MGharat 3 4,601 February-10th-2021, 01:29 PM
  Can a netPI RTE 3 be turned into a netFIELD Connect Armin@netPI 0 2,531 December-23rd-2020, 09:24 AM