• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Node red web UI issue
Dear Armin,

I am using NetPI RTE gateway installed node-red using docker container.

I am facing two major issues most of the time.

1) Node-red web UI run for 1 hour only then it is asking to put login ID & Password if we are doing any changes in between and we do not deploy node-red flow then it got lost the node configuration settings.

2) Node-red web UI not opening giving error as "This site can't be reached". even after restarting docker node-red container and NetPi Gateway also, but still facing this same issue. (attachment 1). 

Is there anyone who has this type of same issue facing while testing?

Br,
Devendra

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Well

first question is which containerized Node-RED version do you use?

1.) The official Node-RED documentation under https://nodered.org/docs/user-guide/runt...expiration says the Node-RED editor web session is monitored by a token that times out by default after 7 days if you do not make any changes in the Node-RED settings.js file. I checked the hilschernetpi/netpi-nodered version on docker hub on my netPI device online and it establishes a web session token of value "expires_in: 604800" which is 604800 seconds = 7 days. So the token time is correct.

2.) Usually any container prints out some log data which can be reviewed in the netPI portainer.io web UI. Looking to the container logs will indicate maybe why it is not starting.

Thx
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Hello Armin,

Thanks for your reply. please find below details

Node-red Version - 1.3.3 (the reason I used this version for Bluetooth testing last time we checked for the different node-red containers but with this version I am able to communicate with my Ipad over Bluetooth).

1) How can I check the token web session token value in my netPi?

2) Please find attached a screenshot for node red docker log.

Br,
Devendra

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Well,

1. Any Web Browser I know has a special debug mode you can activate that lets you recording web sessions it is executing. In google chrome you have to choose "More Tools -> Web Developer Tools" to start this special mode. If activated and you visit the Node-RED landing page and login you see google chrome recording the web request and reponses. Important are the token messages and especially the response message from netPI which includes the expiration time ... here is a screen shot of mine

2. I am sorry to say that I am not able to find out the source of this error. I think it must be somehow relelated to your Node-RED flow or a specific node you are using. Version 1.3.3 it too old to support. I don't know if you have used the function "Volumes" already ... and if you have a faulty flow stored in this volume causing this error, you will not succeed to get Node-RED started without deleting the flow manually in the container using the netPI embedded container console and deleting the filw /root/.node-red/flows.json an then restart the container.

Thx
Armin
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Node Red configuration LucioFiam 3 1,647 November-30th-2022, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  443 port issue LucioFiam 5 2,143 November-21st-2022, 05:39 PM
Last Post: LucioFiam
  secure node-red with a username and password Christian_Rau 3 2,842 December-3rd-2021, 11:06 AM
  cifx0 and Node-Red fabio1975 5 3,102 November-22nd-2021, 01:13 PM
  Node-RED 'projects' possible on netPI? JG_KIT 2 2,304 July-20th-2021, 01:11 PM
Last Post: JG_KIT
  Node-RED: OpcUa Client node tad 4 4,396 June-9th-2021, 08:51 AM
Last Post: tad
  Accessing a modbus device connected to RTE port from Node-RED tad 10 7,903 October-2nd-2020, 07:21 AM
  netPI _Node red issue SAhire@hilscher.local 1 2,034 September-23rd-2020, 08:00 AM
  5 x NL 50-Mpi and Node Red like colector data? Jotarod 4 3,885 September-14th-2020, 01:59 PM
  Node-Red "http in"-Node not working DWxPro 8 7,494 June-19th-2020, 01:12 AM
Last Post: DWxPro