• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
missing the menu items from IO Device Configurator
Dear Armin,

Today, I pulled a docker image of Node-RED (hilschernetpi/netpi-nodered) to netPI RTE 3.
When I tried to configure PROFINET IO items, I didn't see the menu items such as Project, Download,,,.

If you may find any mistakes, would you please give me advice?

Note:
- I tried the above with both system software 1.2.0.0 and 1.2.1.0.

Thank you very much for your information.
Best regards,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Dear Tad,

I downloaded the latest version of "hilschernetpi/node-red:latest" as well, but I don't see your problem

I got a tip from the developer for intermediate use only: he said you can press the key ctlr+alt+s in the browser windows to save.

There is one more thing to say. You checked netPI main firmware V1.2.0.0 and V1.2.1.0. But there are also version of the container available. So if you want to go back to the history you can do the following:

If you visit the landing page of the container here https://hub.docker.com/r/hilschernetpi/netpi-nodered, then you will see the options "overview" ... "tags" .... Please click on tags and you will get a list of all the versions of the container available to users. And if you look closely in the list of versions you see that I have changed last week to version "1.7.0" which is also the version "latest". It contains Node-RED V1.2.2 and has also the latest netX51 PROFINET firmware included. This is why I updated it.

If you specify during container creation just the name "hilschernetpi/netpi-nodered" without any verison, then docker will automatically load the version "latest". So actually you are using the version "latest" on your netPI right now which is the same as "1.7.0". If you want to try older version of containers then you have to specifiy the version like "hilschernetpi/netpi-nodered:1.6.4" and docker will load in this example the version "1.6.4" instead. By this method a user can always load a constant version without using always the latest version. Anyway I recommend to users always to specify a concrete version, else with some 3rd party containers you have daily or weekly new versions which is not good for a stable product with reconstructable settings.

By the way ... have you tried to use a different web browser to check the menu items with an independed browser? Which web browser are you currently using? I think it is Chrome, right? My version of chrome shows Version 86.0.4240.183 (Official Build) (64-bit) under help/about...

Thx
Armin
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Dear Armin,

Thank you very much for your detail information.
I pulled an image "hilschernetpi/netpi-nodered:1.6.1" and then, the menu items was shown.
But, as you mentioned, "ctlr+alt+s" was also worked to save my configuration.
(I always have used Chrome version 86.0.4240.193.)

Now, I was able to save my device configuration, so I have no question about this issue, now.
Thank you very much for your support.
Best regards,
So you say if you load hilschernetpi/netpi-nodered:1.7.0 then this issue happens again?

Next to version v1.6.1 you are using, there is also the version 1.6.4 available. How about this version? Does it work on your machine?

Thx
Armin

Dear Armin,

I am sorry for missing your response.
I tried to pull the latest at first, and then 1.7.0 (even it is the same as the latest), 1.6.4, 1.6.3, 1.6.2 and finally 1.6.1.
Now the target netPI is being used at a distributor and he pulled an image which is exported from my other netPI.

Best regards,
Hi Tad,

which of your tested version does not work as expected?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  netPI profinet device name WalterSchaefer 2 2,486 October-7th-2020, 11:10 AM
Last Post: WalterSchaefer
  Accessing a modbus device connected to RTE port from Node-RED tad 10 7,904 October-2nd-2020, 07:21 AM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  EIP Node Red configurator mnieuzyla 4 3,131 September-10th-2019, 06:19 AM
  [SOLVED] USB Serial device mapping into Container hannes 12 13,446 August-27th-2018, 04:50 PM
  OPC/UA Client Missing crthomas1234 1 2,192 July-12th-2018, 04:38 PM
  netPI as USB-Device-Server based on raspbian FrankJacob 26 15,493 July-5th-2018, 10:13 AM
  [SOLVED] hilschernetpi/netpi-nodered-fieldbus Fieldbus configurator can't be open Andreas 6 5,625 June-11th-2018, 09:12 AM