• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] nodered : flows_localhost deleted after creating an image from container
hello,

i recently get an issue after creating a safe image from my nodered container.
First, when creating the image, an error appears but later the image was created as expected.
Then, when i want to deploy something in nodered, another error pop up, saying a file is missing..
I looked into the folder and cant even create a new file from the backup file.

I dont know when this started, but at the beginning everything worked good..
Thats not a really big problem because i safed the flows to clipboard, but i wonder if somebody can tell me the reason.

Best regards,

Paul

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Dear Paul,

have you maybe disconnected netPI from power unintended or have you had a power outage or power loss without shutting down netPI via the Web GUI?

What I can definitively say is that Linux caches write accesses to the file system. Imagine you were updating Node-RED by deploying a new flow. This file is definitively cashed ... for some seconds. If then you have a power drop this file could get lost.

Whenever netPI's Linux starts is checks the file system. Broken files will be copied into an internal "lost + found" folder (you can't access to this folder), but they are no more at their original place. This could be a reason why there is no file any more.

Right now I have no explanation why you can't create a file in the container any more.

But how do you get this things working again now? Repowering netPI? Loading the container again?

Thx
Armin
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

No there was no power drop as far as i can tell.
It doesnt happened the first time, i think i can reproduce the problem by creating again a new image from my container.

The flow file is lost then but after restarting netPI, i can import my safed data and everything works fine again..

Thanks for reply,

Paul
Thank you Paul.

I am glad to hear that you can recover your system.

But still I am very curious guy and I want to understand the root cause of the problem and maybe I can get your problem reconstructed.

So basically when you clone a running container, by tagging it, my expectation is that Docker Deamon makes a 1:1 copy. And afterwards when you start your copy everything should work as before.

But let me ask you this: have you stopped the Node-RED container before cloning it? Maybe that is the problem. A container you make a copy from should never run, cause there are threads running that maybe use cached data in RAM. So in this case a flow file could easily not being placed on the SD card (deleting the file first was executed, but not writing) and then a copy of course will also not include this file.

Thx
Armin

So there we got the problem  Rolleyes   i dont think that i stopped the container before creating the image.
Next time i'll do it the right way.     

thanks!

**another thing, i have problems with mapping an usb device to my container..
plugged in the usb stick, restarted netPI and then tried to add the device via /dev/ttyUSB0 , /dev/ttyUSB1 , /dev/USB2
but nothing worked.. any hints?
i read the other thread, installed the firmware 1.1.3.0.RC3 but error "no such file or directory" appears.
Yes sure I have.

Read this topic here https://forum.hilscher.com/Thread-SOLVED...-Container

Not every USB device maps to /dev/ttyUSBx automatically. Linux divides them into different classes and then maps those to different /devs. You need to know indeed which one to map it right.

Armin

Yes, i read this thread before but it didnt helped..
In my case (SanDisk16gb) i found out that i have to use /dev/sda1 :-)
have a nice day

Paul

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  https certificate issues in new nodered docker image Dipro 1 1,662 May-4th-2022, 05:46 AM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  netPI opc ua server pull image error wswitula 3 3,110 August-27th-2021, 10:47 AM
Last Post: wswitula
  HTTP Request using Nodered DSongra 6 3,408 August-20th-2021, 11:44 AM
  TOSILOCK for CONTAINER COswald 3 2,184 July-13th-2021, 11:32 AM
  Access to RTC from my own container application tad 1 3,521 March-19th-2021, 02:58 PM
  [SOLVED] Starting services/commands/scripts at startup of a container Jonas.Sellmann@outlook.de 9 6,019 March-9th-2021, 08:47 AM
Last Post: WalterSchaefer
  OpenVPN container Armin@netPI 0 1,615 January-3rd-2021, 12:13 PM
  operating Console of a container on netPI connected to Wi-Fi tethering tad 3 2,612 December-3rd-2020, 12:32 PM
Last Post: tad
  NIOT-E-NPIX-4DI4DO with netpi-netx container WalterSchaefer 3 6,478 November-25th-2020, 01:06 PM
Last Post: zen89
  NPIX-4DI4DO and NetPi-Nodered container issues alhammi 4 7,586 November-16th-2020, 01:35 PM
Last Post: alhammi