• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bluez version on netPi
And is it possible for me to stop the service on the host?
Indeed Thomas, I see the very same thing with the deb file in the post. It is just 11kByte long there whereas it is 768KBytes long originally. I need to review my post.
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Well the bluez5 package depends on other packages on the host. so I am wondering that you get managed it to uninstal itl. In future builds of netPIs system software deleting packages will not be that easy.

I still have the impression that not the root system is the root cause of your bluez problem. Maybe the recompiled version 5.47 is it since 5.23 has been proven as ok by myself.

Find the package appended

55 Wrote:And is it possible for me to stop the service on the host?

No there is no possibility in stopping this service from inside a container. It needs root rights on the host system that a container never can get. You have to wait patiently for the image which I expect by end of this week.

56 Wrote:Indeed Thomas, I see the very same thing with the deb file in the post. It is just 11kByte long there whereas it is 768KBytes long originally. I need to review my post.

We were not be able to fix the appendix problem by today. We'll give it another try tomorrow.

Thomas send an email to netpi@hilscher.com and I will be right back to you with the bluez installer file. It still needs time to fix the appendix problem.

Hi Armin,

thank you for the excellent support! I played around a little bit and I now I have bluetooth running with the newest bluez-5.47 version. Requirement is that no userspace bluetooth software on the host system is running. So removing the bluez-package was the right decision.

Here is what I did:
- Container running in privileged mode using the host network.
- Download bluez-5.47 package and configure with following command (otherwithe hciattach tool will not be built)
# ./configure --enable-deprecated

- Build bluez package
- Download bluetooth adapter firmware file BCM43430A1.hcd and copy to /etc/firmware/
- start a dbus session
# sudo /etc/init.d/dbus start

- run hciattach to attach the hci0 adapter
# sudo hciattach /dev/ttyAMA0 bcm43xx 921600 noflow

- run bluetoothd
# sudo bluetoothd -dn

now all GATT services are discovered when connecting to a bluetooth device with the bluetoothctl tool.

Thanks you
Thomas
Wow great work. I am very impressed and thank YOU for the great support.

The Blues(z) is ours now ...

But still keep in mind you can't recover to default state since the package is lost in your device. You still need the file or the whole recovery image.

We will be in touch ...
Armin

Bluez debian file as zip file attachment should work ...

Thomas, I am in preparation of a Docker Example of your edits to make it public to the community on netPI's Docker Hub repo. I am nearly finished but I am interested in where you got the BCM43430A1.hcd file from. There are so many references out there.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Raspbian OS version of the latest hilschernetpi/netpi-raspbian tad 2 2,259 March-5th-2021, 11:25 AM
Last Post: tad
  BLE pairing problems with bluez 5.50 abmn 1 4,243 August-8th-2019, 08:51 AM
Last Post: Armin@netPI