• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LoRaWAN
Dear Armin,

As earlier mentioned by you on forum , we can connect LoraWAN modems to netPI.

where I can get more information about the same ? what is the part code for netPI in that case ? 

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance

BR
Madhumati
Hello Madhumati,

today netPI does not support LoRaWAN. There is no part number that you can order.

Years ago we had the idea to support LoRaWan as NPIX plugin modules. But the LoRaWan chip is too big to fit into the dimensions of an NPIX module. So this idea was canceled.

Then we had the plan for a redesign of netPI for supporting an internal mPCIe slot where a mPCIe LoRanWan interface card could be inserted optionally. But also this development also has been canceled.

So I am sorry to say, that netPI cannot support LoRaWan.

Thx
Armin
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

(January-27th-2021, 10:52 AM)Armin@netPI Wrote: Hello Madhumati,

today netPI does not support LoRaWAN. There is no part number that you can order.

Years ago we had the idea to support LoRaWan as NPIX plugin modules. But the LoRaWan chip is too big to fit into the dimensions of an NPIX module. So this idea was canceled.

Then we had the plan for a redesign of netPI for supporting an internal mPCIe slot where a mPCIe LoRanWan interface card could be inserted optionally. But also this development also has been canceled.

So I am sorry to say, that netPI cannot support LoRaWan.

Thx
Armin

Ok Thanks Armin. I suppose netfield /netconnect also will not support then due to the same reason.
No, both devices netPI RTE 3 and netFIELD Connect are the same hardware.
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

(January-27th-2021, 11:47 AM)Armin@netPI Wrote: No, both devices netPI RTE 3 and netFIELD Connect are the same hardware.

thanks Armin.