• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Netpi compatible with Kepware?
is Netpi compatible with Kepware or any other similar software?
Hello Justin,

we have not specifically tested Kepware OPC UA Server on a netPI. But you can download a test version for free if you want here: https://www.kepware-opcserver.de/opc-server-download/

From all what we have read on the web for the moment is that Kepware goes through standard Ethernet interface on any hardware and uses TCP/IP telegrams when it is running to interact with the peripherals. So I would say it should work on netPI across the eth0 interface.

But since netPI is not different to a standard Raspberry Pi 3, you can test it on your Raspberry Pi 3 first and create a container with a Kepware server in it. If it is running there, we guarantee that the very same container runs on a netPI 100% the same if you deploy it later on it.

Regards
Armin
Armin
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

(November-14th-2018, 01:15 PM)Armin@netPI Wrote: Hello Justin,

we have not specifically tested Kepware OPC UA Server on a netPI. But you can download a test version for free if you want here: https://www.kepware-opcserver.de/opc-server-download/

From all what we have read on the web for the moment is that Kepware goes through standard Ethernet interface on any hardware and uses TCP/IP telegrams when it is running to interact with the peripherals. So I would say it should work on netPI across the eth0 interface.

But since netPI is not different to a standard Raspberry Pi 3, you can test it on your Raspberry Pi 3 first and create a container with a Kepware server in it. If it is running there, we guarantee that the very same container runs on a netPI 100% the same if you deploy it later on it.

Regards
Armin
Armin
So is NetPi compatible with this list of drivers? Do you guys have other driver libraries of your own?
[Image: get_attachment_url?url_type=FIFE_URL&con...authuser=1]
Hello Justin,

I think you wanted to add an image to your post which failed. Maybe instead you can send a link to the list of drivers. (Embedding a picture directly into a post does not work. Just add it as attachment and then you can select each attachment inserter as picture into a post.)

As I said, we have not collected any experience with Kepware and any of our hardwares. This does not cover netPI but all the rest of our product portfolio.

Armin

(November-14th-2018, 01:44 PM)Armin@netPI Wrote: Hello Justin,

I think you wanted to add an image to your post which failed. Maybe instead you can send a link to the list of drivers. (Embedding a picture directly into a post does not work. Just add it as attachment and then you can select each attachment inserter as picture into a post.)

As I said, we have not collected any experience with Kepware and any of our hardwares. This does not cover netPI but all the rest of our product portfolio.

Armin
This is the list of drivers

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Wow a lot drivers ... but all are TCPI/P based.

The question in general is does Kepware runtime supports ARM CPU processors to run on? This is what I don't know.

When I enter the search term "kepware raspberry" in google search I don't find any indication that kepware can be installed on Raspberry rechnology based system. Or do you have other information I don't know of?