• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use netPi firmware on netHAT
Hi,

right now I'm using netHAT module with Raspberry PI 3B as Profinet Device to test Profinet with another Raspberry PI Control SL from CodeSys as Profinet Controller.
Using this netHAT, the limited I/O are 32 Bytes Input and 32 Bytes Output.

I'm reading the netPI forum, that it is possible to extend the IO size. I know that netPI using netX 51 chip meanwhile netHAT using netX 52 chip. But the difference between them are just that netX 51 has extra memory, but the microcontroller should be the same. So I have a few question regarding netHAT:

1. The limited IO in netHAT is due to the configuration of its .nxd file. Is there any possiblity to extend the IO size? The changes of GSDML from my opinion should be easy to change.

2. In netPI, the IO size can be easily done through the configuration in App.h file. Since both of this modules use about the same controller, I thought that it may also possible just to use the given driver and profinet firmware from the netPI. Am I right?

3. Furthermore, in the supplement datasheet for PROFINET IO-Device V4 API it stated that the maximum number of total cyclic input/output data is 1440 bytes. This means that the maximum possible IO is 1440 bytes. Am I right?

4. In the supplied document for netHAT module stated that the netHAT module using Stack/FW version 3.11. And as I checked, the newest Profinet FW is 3.12 based on the available document of PROFINET_IO-Device_V3.12_Protocol_API_17_EN.pdf. Is it important to upgrade the FW-Version from 3.11 to 3.12?  If yes/no, how to upgrade the FW-Version?

After all, it is great to see the hard work that Hilscher have done on the stack that being implement on this netX series. For any feedback, I thank you so much in advance!

Messages In This Thread
Use netPi firmware on netHAT - by zz_zesys - September-30th-2018, 01:53 PM
RE: Use netPi firmware on netHAT - by Armin@netPI - September-30th-2018, 08:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using netHAT drivers with custom linux (not Raspbian) FrankS 4 46 May-13th-2019, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Simon@netHAT
  NetHat Labview richielfc 1 120 August-10th-2018, 12:08 PM
  Problem with NetHAT Configuration adeeljsid 2 181 July-5th-2018, 12:10 PM