• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] after WIFI enabled - no access
hello,
since i enabled WIFI as Access Point, i cant connect to the netPI.
First (after enabled wifi), i just couldnt connect per LAN but Wifi worked (for a short time) but as soon as i tried to disable wifi - connection got lost and i was not able to reconnect (i'm still able to connect to the wifi but i cannot access gateway manager) .
The wifi connection says limited access and i get ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT when trying to access the manager.

I hope there's a way to fix it without loading a new system image..

best regards,

Paul
(August-30th-2018, 12:28 PM)paubau Wrote: hello,
since i enabled WIFI as Access Point, i cant connect to the netPI.
First (after enabled wifi), i just couldnt connect per LAN but Wifi worked (for a short time) but as soon as i tried to disable wifi - connection got lost and i was not able to reconnect (i'm still able to connect to the wifi but i cannot access gateway manager) .
The wifi connection says limited access and i get ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT when trying to access the manager.

I hope there's a way to fix it without loading a new system image..

best regards,

Paul

So does that mean that now you neither can connect to your netPI via LAN interface nor Wifi?
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Yes thats the current status..
Well i can CONNECT to the wifi, but the connection is limited

I recognized that i can see the netpi through TIA Portal (connected with s7 1500) but i cant ping or anything..

Im not an it spezialist so i really dont know what to do

**i am able to ping the fieldbus connection..
Well basically if you enable Wifi and you set for example the same IP address ranges like they exits for the LAN interface, or you removed the gateway address in the LAN settings or or or ... because of Wifi now enabled and then you disable Wifi again then some previous default parameters for your LAN settings have been maybe removed .... that can lead to the Linux system not to know any longer where to route the Ethernet packages to.

Back to your last LAN settings that worked: Did you use DHCP or static IP settings?

(August-30th-2018, 12:51 PM)Armin@netPI Wrote: Well basically if you enable Wifi and you set for example the same IP address ranges like they exits for the LAN interface, or you removed the gateway address in the LAN settings or or or ... because of Wifi now enabled and then you disable Wifi again then some previous default parameters for your LAN settings have been maybe removed .... that can lead to the Linux system not to know any longer where to route the Ethernet packages to.

Back to your last LAN settings that worked:  Did you use DHCP or static IP settings?

Hm i set another ipadress for wifi but the dhcp ip range propably is wrong.. 
buut i didnt changed a thing in the LAN settings and although i tried to disabled wifi - its still there and i can connect to it.

I used DHCP settings.. used static settings for a short time before but changed it back to DHCP

when i try to connect via mobilephone, it says ip address could not be retrieved
Well setting a different IP address on Wifi Access point is obligatory, else you get a mismatch anyway.

So you say you didn't change anything in your LAN setting, so then it is running as DHCP client still waiting to receive an IP address from your DHCP server, right? ... because this is the default setting.

What you can do is connecting monitor to the HDMI port of netPI maybe giving you a log output about a misconfiguration.

But independent of what I have heard now, I have doubts that you get your netPI recovered without loading a new image to it. If there is no contact via no interfaces then all the contact to the system is gone.

Have you made a copy of your container, on Docker Hub for example with a free account? In this case it is no problem. It is just setting the LAN params again and reloading the container.

Regards
Armin

Sadly i only did local backups, i will change that in future and wont touch wifi settings again lol

But thank you anyway!
Yes please do so. The strongest argument of Docker indeed is having just distributed devices like netPI around the world and a central place from where to all those units the software is deployed from.

I recommend to use a normal raspberry Pi as a local backup station. I personally have a Linux PC where I installed a registry onto.

Regards
Armin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wi-fi in Access Point mode Renato75 7 4,649 June-3rd-2022, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  NetPI WiFi through Internet DSongra 1 1,946 September-7th-2021, 07:54 AM
  NetPI wifi access to WPA2-Enterprise MikeP 4 4,257 September-3rd-2021, 02:56 PM
Last Post: MikeP
  Docker not enabled tad 10 4,823 July-14th-2021, 08:54 AM
  netPI RTE 3: access from several comm. masters tad 3 4,025 June-3rd-2021, 12:03 PM
  Access to RTC from my own container application tad 1 3,521 March-19th-2021, 02:58 PM
  wifi MAC is changing j.langlois 3 2,711 January-26th-2021, 04:23 PM
  Bluetooth Access MGharat 10 8,539 February-25th-2020, 12:58 PM
Last Post: DSongra
Wink How to access Root Directory Rajesh3128 8 5,069 October-16th-2019, 11:19 AM
  netPI access for remote PLC confign MGharat 3 4,864 October-15th-2019, 09:12 AM