• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] NetPI storage FULL
I have a NetPI unit where the storage space is 100% full and docker do not start.
I think the problem was caused by a log file that has grown too much so I need to clean this file.
The problem is that Docker button is gray and I cannot connet to portainer and clear the user data.

Is there a way to have access to NetIOT file system and clear the file file or the whole user space where it is stored?

thank's
Davide.
Hi Davide,

the issue is known. Please follow this thread: https://forum.hilscher.com/thread-246.html

Docker installation in an old version of netPI firmware saved all console outputs you normally see when you logged in via a terminal program on your sreen in a log file instead ... and this file grows and grows and grows until the SD card of netPI is full.

The solution I recommend is to update to the latest netPI software version 1.1.3.0. There is a limit of 1Mbyte set for this log file.

I am sorry to say that you will have no chance in your current netPI state to delete this log file otherwise. I hope you have svaed your running containers on a registry server from where you can reload them onto your netPI after the update

Thx
Armin
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

(October-25th-2018, 03:24 PM)Armin@netPI Wrote: Hi Davide,

the issue is known. Please follow this thread: https://forum.hilscher.com/thread-246.html

Docker installation in an old version of netPI firmware saved all console outputs you normally see when you logged in via a terminal program on your sreen in a log file instead ... and this file grows and grows and grows until the SD card of netPI is full.

The solution I recommend is to update to the latest netPI software version 1.1.3.0. There is a limit of 1Mbyte set for this log file.

I am sorry to say that you will have no chance in your current netPI state to delete this log file otherwise. I hope you have svaed your running containers on a registry server from where you can reload them onto your netPI after the update

Thx
Armin

Hi Armin,
I updated the firmware to version 1.1.3.0 but I still have no access to docker management. But now the situation is different:
Before updating the storage space was 100% full and, looking at the startup log on an HDMI display, I saw a lot of services failing to start (including Docker)

Now, after update, the storage is 4% full and everithing is ok during boot but I don't see Docker or Portainer starting like it isn't in the boot script...
When I open the web interface the Docker icon is still in gray and I can't open it.
Any Idea on what's happening?

Thanks,
Davide.
Well. It seems you had a very old firmware before. With this version you need to activate Docker first. Go to Service Menu and activate Docker. The default behaviour was changed t to increase netPI's security
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD card full Peter2020 8 5,184 December-3rd-2020, 08:14 PM
Last Post: Armin@netPI
  [SOLVED] netPI with Raspbian Desktop firefly 8 5,654 November-28th-2019, 06:01 PM
  [SOLVED] Help with fieldbus node Farani 5 3,871 August-20th-2019, 07:22 AM
  Ready-to-deploy: full featured Node-RED container Armin@netPI 5 4,877 July-25th-2019, 06:16 AM
  [SOLVED] How to update firmware philippbruhin.ch 12 9,078 July-16th-2019, 11:20 AM
Last Post: patrick
  [SOLVED] Docker issues AlexRegev 7 5,101 June-26th-2019, 02:14 PM
Last Post: AlexRegev
  [SOLVED] netPI stops working (502 - Bad Gateway) Andi 3 3,502 June-19th-2019, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Andi
  [SOLVED] WebConfig netpi-nodered-fieldbus JohnyD94 13 7,863 May-6th-2019, 12:20 AM
Last Post: JohnyD94
  [SOLVED] Diagnostic service MGharat 1 1,904 April-2nd-2019, 09:45 PM
  [SOLVED] NPIX-DIDO MGharat 2 5,899 March-13th-2019, 06:06 AM
Last Post: MGharat