• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RedHat Firmware
I am using the redhat with the sample provided to communicate with PLC through profinet.
The firmware folder deb file nxhat-pns-4.2.7.0.deb contains the GSDML file:
GSDML-V2.32-HILSCHER-NXHAT52-RTE-20160617.xml
This file describe a communication of 32 bytes in/out for process data.
if I want to make the data bytes 512 bytes in/out.
is it possible by changing the xml file only ?

The User Manual of RedHat chapter 3.5 Changing protocol firmware and configuration says:
"... Additionally, the folder /opt/cifX/deviceconfig/FW/channel0
contains the default configuration that is installed with the firmware
package. A working communication is only guaranteed with the default
configuration. Changing configuration files requires technical knowledge.
You must not change any file in this folder. Only change a file if you know
what you do"

-rw-r--r-- 1 117 125   8534 Oct 24  2016 GSDML-011E-011D-NETX52REPNS.bmp
-rw-r--r-- 1 117 125  45126 Oct 24  2016 GSDML-011E-011D-NETX52REPNS.ico
-rw-r--r-- 1 117 125  10955 Oct 24  2016 GSDML-V2.32-HILSCHER-NXHAT52-RTE-20160617.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 117 125    736 Oct 24  2016 nwid.nxd
-rw-r--r-- 1 117 125 354276 Oct 24  2016 X070D000.nxf

currently we are using the netHat for POC usage later on we will change the HW to be netPi the question remains the same for the netPi platform.

Thanks,

Roy
Hi Roy,

this is a question about netHAT device. I will shift this post to the right location.

You read the manual quite well and yes it is true the size of input and outputs of 32 bytes each is set in the /opt/cifX/deviceconfig/FW/channel0 folder, but not in the *.nxf file you find there but in the *.db file. This DB = database file was setup by us at a time when the product netHAT came to live 3 years ago.

The intention with netHAT was to give students alike people the possibility to try with real-time ethernet networking. It was never the intension to make a full featured product of netHAT with all the capabillities the on-board netX52 chip really offers.

The DB file format is proprietary and disclosed. So you cannot make any edits in the file. netHAT is supporting 32 bytes input and output only. Else we would have the need to generate DB files on and on for each customer ... which we do not want.

If you want to really use full featured netX chip I guarantee you that with netPI you will have exactly the same experience as with netHAT but with much more IOs than 32bytes.

Thx
Armin
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

(January-26th-2020, 10:05 AM)Armin@netPI Wrote: Hi Roy,

this is a question about netHAT device. I will shift this post to the right location.

You read the manual quite well and yes it is true the size of input and outputs of 32 bytes each is set in the /opt/cifX/deviceconfig/FW/channel0 folder, but not in the *.nxf file you find there but in the *.db file. This DB = database file was setup by us at a  time when the product netHAT came to live 3 years ago.

The intention with netHAT was to give students alike people the possibility to try with real-time ethernet networking. It was never the intension to make a full featured product of netHAT with all the capabillities the on-board netX52 chip really offers.

The DB file format is proprietary and disclosed. So you cannot make any edits in the file. netHAT is supporting 32 bytes input and output only. Else we would have the need to generate DB files on and on for each customer ... which we do not want.

If you want to really use full featured netX chip I guarantee you that with netPI you will have exactly the same experience as with netHAT but with much more IOs than 32bytes.

Thx
Armin

Hi Armin,
As I mentioned we currently use the netHat and we intend to move to the netPi( already places an order)
my question remains the same what tools do I need to modify the DB file for our application needs under netPi platform ?

Thx,
Roy
Hi Roy,

there is no tool that we provide to edit the db file. No customer can edit the DB file. No chance. It is proprietary structure.

netPI netX chip is operated differentl and uses no database file since we want to have flexibility in the amount of inputs and outputs. With netPI you configure the IO size by packets from your applicaion directly and online.

See here: https://github.com/HilscherAutomation/ne...g-examples

Thx
Armin
You never fail until you stop trying.“, Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Use netPi firmware on netHAT zz_zesys 1 237 September-30th-2018, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Armin@netPI